VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a number of WMV exports from Photo Story 3 that I would like to merge into a single WMV file. Is there a tool that can do this without re-encoding the clips?

The clips have all been generated using the same PS3 output quality/profile which uses the audio codec WMA9.2(mode:Quality VBR) and the video codec WMV9.1 Image(mode: Quality VBR).

I have tried using AsfBin but the GUI version complains of an audio block misalignment and the command line version seems to generate garbled video after the first input file.

Thanks!

-SJR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Soopafresh - thanks a lot. Based on your reply to a related post from someone else I did try out AsfBin, but have not had much luck. GUI version of AsfBin says audio is misaligned, command line version produces garbled video for everything after the first WMV - I tried a number of the switches to no avail. I can only surmise that the WMV codec used by PS3 is not joining well with AsfBin. Am I using AsfBin wrong/Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. I would quote the Sesame Street song - "One of these WMV files is Not like the Other" :P

That's probably it, I'm afraid. You could create an .ASX playlist and "virtually" join the files that way - that is if you plan playback on your PC. Perhaps some other devices can read .ASX playlists.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've had the best luck with Movica.
    Quote Quote