VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HI

I have some music downloads, but the files are Flac Files and i need to convert them.

What software would be best to use, to covert to mp3 , or any other format so i can play on pc

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, you don't HAVE to convert them. WinAmp will play FLAC files fine. Here's a link to a plugin for WinAmp that supports FLAC:
    http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/131643

There are various commercial products that can convert FLAC to MP3, but I'm not aware of free products offhand. However, you can easily convert FLAC to WAV with free programs and then convert WAV to MP3 with free programs if you must do this. Do note that FLAC is lossless and MP3 is not, but MP3 will save you disk space if that is important to you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The latest version of Audacity can convert to FLAC. Personally, I only use FLAC for classical music. Everything else i save as 192 Kbps MP3.
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks Forum Troll

Your way is very fast converting using Audacity

I just need to convert WAV to MP3 now.

Thanks.

Thanks jman98 for your reply
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audacity can do that do, you just need to download the lamenc.dll file from the sourceforge site, and in the audacity preferences tell the program where you save the lamenc.dll, then you can import WAV and export as MP3.
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote