VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm backing up a DVD9 movie using dvddecrypter. The movie plays fine when playing the VIDEO_TS folder straight from the harddrive with PowerDVD. But when I burn and try to play back the burned DVD+R DL, everything works fine (Studio intro, motion menu, etc.) until I try to play the main movie. When I do that it automatically goes to the last chapter (the credits), and I can't rewind or go to a previous chapter. Even if I go to "scene selection" and try going to ANY scene, it goes to the last chapter. What could possibly be causing this?

I'm using Verbatim DVD+R DL discs. I don't think it's a bad burn, it wouldn't just skip the entire movie like that would it? I would burn it again but the discs aren't cheap ($2.50 each) and so I don't want to waste them if I'm not positive that's the problem. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try with ImgBurn,set booktype to DVD-Rom, burn at 8x-12x....
    but I would rip with DVDFab HD Decrypter full disc>IMGBurn in build mode >to Verb DL media...
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah ok, that would make sense since the movie also has an interactive DVD-Rom element to it. But with ImgBurn you can only burn from an image, not a folder, right? So I would have to create an .iso file from the decrypted folder with Nero. When I do that, should I choose DVD-Rom in Nero as well? Or should it be DVD-Video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ndaher
    But with ImgBurn you can only burn from an image, not a folder, right?
    Wrong. In build mode, ImgBurn burns any folder structure to disk, without creating an ISO first.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works perfectly now! That was definitely the problem, the DVD was a movie/DVD-Rom hybrid, and I burned it under "DVD-Video" in Nero before, that's why it didn't work. Thank you!
    Quote Quote