VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you ever used one of the cleaning discs to clean a CD or DVD players lens? Well, I have a client looking to produce a DVD that has audio video calibration tools to set up a home theater and will also clean the dvd player lens. The tiny brushes will be added to the discs in China, but I need to program/burn the master. Has anyone produced anything like this? Is there anything special that goes into producing the cleaning portion of the DVD or does it simply clean just by having the brushes present on the disc? I have no problem programming/authoring the a/v tools, but Im just not sure how the cleaning thing works. Ive noticed on some commercial cd/dvd cleaner discs that the brushes are on the inner portion of the writable area, and then the data is written further out on the disc. How does one have that much control over the burning process? Is this a job for a replication house?

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is on the disc is irrelevant, as it is the brushes that do the work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    True, but when authoring this dvd, the client wants a butotn on a menu to initiate the cleaning process. Ive looked at other ocmmercial DVD's that do this and basically their brushes are at a certain spot on the disc and the menu command sends the laser to that portion of the disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Lab Pro is about the only reasonably priced authoring tool I have seen that allows you to position or re-order tracks to ensure they are physically located where you need them (within reason - you can go track, track, gap, track - all data must be written contiguously from the inner ring of the disc out)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote