VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been having some issues with DVDFab HD Decrypter. The DVD burns fine but will lock up when playing it. This has happened on multiple movies and varies where it would lock up or skip chapters. Anyone else having this issue? It could be the disks I am using but I don't have this problem with burning with dvd shrink/nero on older dvds. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    FlickForums.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by adcmarti
    I have been having some issues with DVDFab HD Decrypter. The DVD burns fine but will lock up when playing it. This has happened on multiple movies and varies where it would lock up or skip chapters. Anyone else having this issue? It could be the disks I am using but I don't have this problem with burning with dvd shrink/nero on older dvds. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    More info needed...
    What are you burning with? (DVDFab HD Decrypter, Nero, ImgBurn, etc)
    What kind of discs are you using? (brand name, single layer or DL)
    What are you playing them on? (computer or standalone, brand/model)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not software, bad (cheap) media. try VERBATIM or TAIYO YUDEN
    Quote Quote  
  4. I will pull it off the DVD with DVDFab HD Decrypter and use dvd shrink and nero to put it on the disk. I am using sony DVD-R.
    FlickForums.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    I will pull it off the DVD with DVDFab HD Decrypter and use dvd shrink and nero to put it on the disk. I am using sony DVD-R.
    Insufficient information. If you want reliable help, please answer all my questions in detail...

Offhand, my best suggestion is to use ImgBurn rather than Nero to burn your discs. Also you might try a different brand of discs such as Taiyo Yuden.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by JohnnyBob
    I will pull it off the DVD with DVDFab HD Decrypter and use dvd shrink and nero to put it on the disk. I am using sony DVD-R.
    Insufficient information. If you want reliable help, please answer all my questions in detail...

Offhand, my best suggestion is to use ImgBurn rather than Nero to burn your discs. Also you might try a different brand of discs such as Taiyo Yuden.
    Sorry...I forgot that I am playing it on an insignia dvd player (nh-2001) and they are single layer discs. Why ImgBurn over nero? What are the pros/cons?
    FlickForums.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. play back the areas of the movie where problems exist on the ripped movie on your HDD, and then on the burned DVDR (using your computer of course). are these areas still problems?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I will check when I get home and let you know.
    FlickForums.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a very similar problem, it frustrated me to death. The movie seemed to rip perfectly and burn without any error messages, however on playback ( worked perfectly from the hard disk ) from dvd, it locked up about 15 minutes into playback. I tried different media types, same problem. I have a 16X burner and halved my burning speed, which I shouldnt have to do however hey presto , seemed to fix my problem. Try halving your burn speed.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, DVDFab HD Decrypter > shrink to backup> IMGBurn with good media (e.g. Verbs or TY) , at 8x-12x max...try it....in IMGburn check "test mode",if you prefer it will not write to disc ...who needs more frisbees, right?.....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  11. The main culprit is usually too many errors,as was mentioned use better media and slow the burn.8x works great for me on SL and 4x on DL.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Liteon 5001 makes great DVD +RW recordings, however every 3rd or 4th burn now results in errors that make the disc unrippable in my LG H55L burner. Did one just now. Result is that the disc stops at 14.79% of the disc rip and reports an error but it plays just fine with no errors even in the LG! The discs are Verbatim +RWs so no cheap media here. Have to get another recorder that uses DVD-RAM as I never seem to have any problems using those...
    Quote Quote