VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just bought a dvd player that supports divx. Burned my first divx using nero to a dvd-r and poped it in. Great audio, great video, but they are not in sync. Is there a guide for this or can someone tell me what the problem is? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Were they in sync on your PC ?

Did you burn as data, or convert to DVD ?

How and with what did you burn ?

You have not filled in a location in your profile, so I don't know where you are from or what your native TV format is. However I have seen some players that lose audio sync on some files when they are converting formats on the fly (in my case, NTSC to PAL). Having the player output the native format of the file fixes this.

My preference for burning is imgburn, not only is it free and the best DVD Video burning application around, but it is only a burning application, so it will not convert files. I use it to burn data discs full of avi files and never have an issue with them.

You might also want to post what player you are using. Some players have had issues with VBR MP3 audio, which is a common format in Xvid/Divx files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, please give us more information. How did you create the divx? or did you download it? WHat kind of audio in the divx? Identify with gspot.

AND PLEASE use a better subject. I changed yours now, you can edit it by click on edit on your topic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, it's an xvid file with AC3 audio. I didn't know you could just burn a bunch as data so I guess Nero converted it on the fly and that's probably my problem. Nero did tell me that the file was mostly in PAL format, but its NTCS as well as my player/tv.

The file is in sync on my PC. So do I need to convert all my divx/xvid files to NTCS? What's the easiest way to do that? I tried the imgburn app, but it seems to only want to burn images and not individual files live avi for divx.

Thx guys

Oh, the dvd player is a Phillips DVP3960
    Quote Quote  
  5. DivX/XviD files get burned as data discs, no converting needed if your player is also a DivX/XviD player and make sure to finalize the disc.

I don't have the Philips model you do but my Philips 642 can have problems keeping up if the AVI contains AC3 audio.
    I don't know why this works but it does for me -
    after encoding my DivX w/AC3 audio, I run it through Nandub. (it has to be Nandub - not VDub)

Video - Direct stream copy
    Audio - Interleaving
    Enable Audio/Video Interleaving
    Preload 96 ms
    Interleave audio every 96 ms
    Click ok
    Save
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Imgburn in Build Mode (Mode -> Build) to load anything you want for burning. See the tutorials under the Help menu for more details.

A file can't be 'mostly PAL'. It either is or it isn't. If Nero did a format conversion badly then you will get sync problems.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Use Imgburn in Build Mode (Mode -> Build) to load anything you want for burning. See the tutorials under the Help menu for more details.

A file can't be 'mostly PAL'. It either is or it isn't. If Nero did a format conversion badly then you will get sync problems.
    Dump Nero - Use ImgBurn
    Quote Quote