VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm a newcomer. plz suggest me an easy-to-use software (freeware preferred) that can join my 2 parts avi video into 1, and i want then to split it into 3 equal size of parts.. so i can burn them into 3 vcd separately...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub. Load first AVI, load second with Append segment. Make sure both audio and video are set to "Direct stream" and Save
    But: To join AVI, both parts must be identical; same frame size, same bitrates, same audio & video codecs (not a limitation of VirtualDub, but how it is).

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Grab gspot first to asses internals are correct length or simple joining could lead to audio alignment problems .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, joining should, if at all possible, be avoided. There's always a risk for problems down that road.
    How long are the AVIs? (In time)

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg

To join AVI, both parts must be identical; same frame size, same bitrates, same audio & video codecs (not a limitation of VirtualDub, but how it is).

/Mats

Yeah, and you recommend the worst tool to accomplish avi joins which fails in 90% of the cases, I think you are joking with the guy.

Use AVIMux-gui instead or mencoder, if it is 2-parts (or more) of the same clip...it is far more effective than vdub. Use only vdub to split
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried AviMux GUI but the output was terrible. sound not sync and the video is only include the first part of it. plz. i dont know how to start using mediacoder. its confusing even to state my choice of output format
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not mediacoder, mencoder

I would try AVIDemux first. Usually works for me.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote