VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone help. i just got a 2nd hand lvw 5001 dvd recorder. I tried the region free hack (press right key whilst keying in 8000) and now the tray won't open Also did the 296 - 1 region hack.

Any ideas

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does it sound like the drive is trying to eject? The front bezel on the liteon dvd recorders can sometime get caught on the left side as you look at the front of the machine. Try pushing the front bezel a little to the right as you press the eject button on the front of the recorder. If this is your problem try just lightly sanding the left edge of the front bezel or rubbing a bit of candle wax on it to help it slide more freely.

Also the Liteon drives in their dvd recorders are well known to have fairly short life-spans, so It may just be that your drive is coming to the end of it's life. It's not too difficult to change the drive, the trick is to find one where FF and Rew works properly. There's quite a lot of info over at http://ccgi.mgillespie.plus.com/liteon/smf/ . Good luck.

BTW, Liteon give their recorders a two year manufacturer's warranty regardless of what the original seller sold it with. If the machine is less than two years old it may be worth giving Liteon a ring and getting them to fix it - they're pretty helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks very muchfor your advice I'll give it a go
    Quote Quote