VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First time I've used this so I hope this is right and someone might be able to help.

I've downloaded a film from a p2p site. The files appear to be fine in vob, ifo and bup format.
    Had some problems initially but when I run this through WINDVD the interactive dvd runs fine, all the links from the main menu also work no problem.

I've burnt the files to a disk so that I can watch the dvd through a standard dvd player. This is where my problems start. It won't play and advises a disk error.
    I then tried it on a dvd player that plays multi-region, DivX etc, again it does n't start up automatically. I get the individual file selction screen. The Video_TS seems to be missing off the list of files and when I try to play the files individually some have sound but no picture, some have picture but no sound.

This is driving me crazy, can someone please help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The vob, ifo and bup files need to be in a folder at the root of the disc called VIDEO_TS (all in upper case). Have a look at What is DVD at the top left to see what files you should have. If there are any missing, you may need to re-author it again to add the missing ones.

Welcome to the forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The VIDEO_TS is the root file, I've checked that.

"What is DVD" don't know where to look for this, can't find it.

I'm pretty sure that all the files are there because it works fine on WINDVD, it just "appears" to have the files missing on the dvd player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Top left corner of this page. There is the Videohelp.com logo and directly underneath is a heading marked 'What Is', under that are different categories, one being 'DVD'.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by COOPERMAN100
    I've burnt the files to a disk
    How did you burn them and with which program? If you burned them as data it won't work.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote