VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok i have bitlord and i have downloaded several movies and no matter what program i use i cannot watch any other the movies it keeps telling me it has an error and i tried using a decypter and still says i have an error now keep in mind i have the WONDERFUL WINDOWS VISTA which has given me crap since the day i got the stupid crap but i have no clue waht to do please help please!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Without a little more info it'll be hard to help.
    Load a few of the offending videos in GSpot and post a screenshot or two.
    What does the error message say exactly? What exactly is "it" that tells you your movie has an error?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Start slowly.

Step One. Identify the movie file. Is it an avi file, a quicktime mov file, an mp4 or mkv file ?

Step Two. What's in it ? These are all containers for video and audio data. Something like G-spot or MediaInfo will tell you want is inside the containers.

Step Three. Download and install VLC. If playback is your main concern, VLC will playback pretty much anything without the need to install tons of new codecs. It won't help you with encoding though.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you download movies, you will find you get what you pay for. Video files can easily get corrupted on someone's PC and then everyone who gets it via P2P will get a corrupted copy. It could be that you are just getting corrupted copies and that's why you can't watch them. If they are in a RAR archive, you should be aware that RAR archives are often corrupted and you will need PAR files to fix the corruption in the RAR files. P2P networks rarely have PAR files to go along with RAR files though, so you're usually screwed if something is in a RAR archive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded videos are risky because you can't know
    how well or how badly they were encoded until the moment
    you watch them. Because of the way the P2P protocols work,
    it is improbable that a file transfer transaction begins or continues
    if any signal of file corruption is detected. BTW, multi-part RARs are
    born on Usenet and only later they are put on the P2P networks.

=====
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Obviously some have not heard of shareaza which dose allow you to preview incomplete video downloads ... handy feature to tell whats crap or not .

But I don't waste my time of this stuff anyway .
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Until the beginning of this year Shareaza was the only P2P client
    on my computer, so I think I know it well. I stopped using it because...
    (place "long story" here). Anyway, at least I can say I am not the kind of person
    who purposefully misinforms the others only because he/she has a police-like
    "Weltanschauung". Have a nice day.

======
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Guys - Don't threadjack please. This thread is about helping BABYGIRL74 see the movies he/she's downloaded, not pro and cons for different P2P systems.
    BABYGIRL74 - Are you still there? We need more info to be of any assistance (more than idle speculations).

/Mats
    Quote Quote