VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have a laptop so i downloaded dvdfab hd decrypter to rip a movie and save it on my hard drive so i can later burn it but i found out that it only decrypts to .vob, .ifo, .pub files, whatever that is. i have to use another program to convert those files to .avi so i can burn my movie, at least that's what i think i have to do. but dont know how. can anyone suggest a non-geek friendly application for converting those files to .avi?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    After you have the decrypted DVD on your hard drive, try AutoGK or FairUse Wizard for a couple of programs that are fairly easy to use to convert to AVI type formats. Other ones are listed here: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/dvd-to-avi-divx-xvid

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lm932
    it only decrypts to .vob, .ifo, .pub files, whatever that is. i have to use another program to convert those files to .avi so i can burn my movie
    Burn the movie to what?

If you are going to burn the movie to a DVD (IE - you are copying the DVD)...those
    files are what is required to make a DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i was trying to burn the dvd using windows dvd maker (i have vista), but couldnt so i thought if converted the files to .avi, i might be able to burn it. im not much of a nerd.
    Quote Quote  
  5. OP:Use ImgBurn.
    The easiest way to make a 1:1 copy is DVDDecrypter ISO read->ISO write,if you have to shrink then use DVDShrink first.
    I think you should read some DVD Backup guides first.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lm932
    i was trying to burn the dvd using windows dvd maker (i have vista), but couldnt so i thought if converted the files to .avi, i might be able to burn it. im not much of a nerd.
    You need help AND you're taking shots at the people who have to provide that help to you. Nice. I think I'll pass on offering helpful suggestions to you.
    Quote Quote