VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    converted a avi file using Winavi nd got the folder....nd tried to burn it using Nero express...

but when i try to ply in my Sony Portable Dvd plaer..it sys wrong region...nd it doesnt ply.....

the video files....ply on my comp perfectly fine...

any suggestion which needs to be done..i hve been hving prb to convert nd burn dvd...for the last few dys..i hve been tryin Dvd santa...i hve tried 4 movies...1 wrked fine nd the rest 3 ...ply fine in strting..nd it freezes..the pitcure becomes black...but i cn hear the sound till the end....

any suggestion reg the best software to use to convert nd burn..i wasted many dvds till now..with these trials..

thnx....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Start by using better software - WinAVI and DVD Santa are about the bottom of the heap.

Your problem, in this instance, at least with the Sony disc, is that you have created a PAL disc and are trying to play it in an NTSC player. Sony's stupid error message says Region, but really means format.

Your other problems - black video, clicking audio, freezing etc - are a combination of poor quality conversion software and bad quality discs.

If you want something quick and simple, look at ConvertXtoDVD. If oyu want something that is free but takes a little longer, look at FAVC or DVD Flick.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thnx mate for the reply...does ConvertXtoDVD software wrk for avi files...

nd reg the region prb..i coudnt see the option to select..NTSC nd PAL..ther was no option where i cud select NTSC...

any idea whether Nero gives the option to select...the region..if yes..it wud be grt where i cud find it...

thnx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD converts avi, xvid, mkv, rmvb - pretty much anything - to DVD. You can tell it to convert everything to NTSC in the preferences.

NTSC or PAL is chosen when encoding. After you have encoded the DVD it is too late to change it, which is why you cannot chose it in Nero Express.

Personally I would use FAVC, as it is much better quality, and does some clever things to make converting from NTSC to PAL, or in your case, PAL to NTSC, much smoother to watch. It does take twice as long as ConvertXtoDVD, but quality has a price.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote