VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    after I burn a DVD on my stand alone VCR/ DVD burner.

I don't see it while I am watching the tape and burning at the same time on my TV, but I see this line appear on my computer screen afterwards when I play the DVD.

This narrow strip is hard to describe but it looks kind of squiggley and a part of the action that's appearing on the screen, only scrunched down.

Anyone know why this happens and how to get rid of it?

Thanks to all!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's tracking noise, it's in the overscan area, and it won't be seen on your TV when you are done. Your computer shows you the entire image, TV's obscure 5 - 8% of the image around the edges.

If you really want to get rid of it you need to mask it. You can do this with Crop and AddBorders in avisynth, but it means re-encoding and re-authoring. Not worth the effort if you are most going to watch it on TV.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    It's tracking noise, it's in the overscan area, and it won't be seen on your TV when you are done. Your computer shows you the entire image, TV's obscure 5 - 8% of the image around the edges.

If you really want to get rid of it you need to mask it. You can do this with Crop and AddBorders in avisynth, but it means re-encoding and re-authoring. Not worth the effort if you are most going to watch it on TV.
    Thanks for clearing that up!
    Quote Quote