VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure where to post this, Baldric feel free to move this where you feel appropriate.

I was wondering if anyone has ever burned a Powerpoint presentation to a DVD disk so that it can be played on a standalone player, or possibly a CD. When I Google I come up with lots of hits, but figured that someone here probably has a tool that works well. Experience is best. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have to confess that I have looked for software to so this very task and failed hopelessly.

In the end I used Photoshop to create images and then spliced them together as a slideshow using Vegas - although any image editor (even paint) and any slideshow creator would do the job equally well.

The only other way that springs to mind it to create your powerpoint and then run the slideshow with the TV out from your graphics card hooked up to a DVD recorder. You might then need to rip the DVD and edit the video but it would at least give you something to work with.

Equally Camstudio might do the trick - instead of outputting to a DVD recorder CamStudio will grap the screen as a movie ready for editting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at this thread, it discusses this issue at length.

It is also the 6th hit you get when you do a search in the forums for "powerpoint to DVD". The search function is not to be underestimated!
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wondershare Software has a converter to do this very thing. They are not listed in the tools section but a google search brings them up.

Giveawayoftheday.com gave the Flash to DVD converter away a few weeks ago. I d/l it but I have to admit I have not tried it yet. Looks promising enough though.

Of course this probably doesn't help you any but I hope it might.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used the Wondershare software to create the opening credits of a friend's wedding video. It helps me create titles and animations that would have not been possible because I do not have the program to do it. And I downloaded it from giveawayoftheday.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ Apriz (and the other aliases you are using) : if you want to advertise your products, and truly stand by them, pay the webmaster, Baldrick, for the privilege. Your products will get due space, and you will help support this site instead of filling it with unsolicited noise.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks all, I appreciate your input. Lots of good info and suggestions. Gunslinger... good point, I agree. Spam isn't needed in this forum.
    Quote Quote