Hey guys, new to the boards here.

Anyway, I'm trying to rip TMNT (the original live action) to my hard disk and convert it to 5G iPod mpeg4 video.

I ripped it using MOVAVI and it successfully ripped it into 12 different files, most of them .ifo and .vob files. There's four of them that includes the movie: VTS_0_1, VTS_0_2, VTS_0_3, and VTS_0_4. All four of them play the FULL movie (about 90 min) by itself on Windows Media Player.

Now here's the part I find strange. I figured since VTS_0_1 contains the entire 90 min movie by itself, if I converted that file by itself I'd have the entire movie in .avi format no problems. (Keep in mind the VTS files are in .vob format). But it didn't work, giving me only 24 minutes of the movie converted to .avi form.

Alright, that didn't work. So I joined all 4 VTS clips into one file and converted to .avi. Voila! Done! Not quite. I play the .avi file on Windows Media, and the clip is 5 hours long, the first 90 min the actual movie but the rest is just blank (black screen). But if I play the movie on MOVAVI, it only plays the movie, and ends with the credits. I don't understand. How can it be 5 hours on Windows Media but only 90 min on MOVAVI? The new .avi file is 5.09 GB, fyi.

Any help appreciated, thanks!