VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I picked up an SV2000 DVD recorder. It performs well enough, but sometimes it will not record timer settings. When I look at the timer screen, there's the an error code under the Mode column - "E 4".

Any idea what this means?

There's plenty of room on the disc, so I don't think that's the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't used my SV2000 since the end of the last TV season, but if I remember correctly, it may be due to your disc not having been formatted (in the unit itself).

EDIT: You may need to try different discs as well, if the unit does not like the ones your currently using. Mine is pretty picky. This isn't the same unit, but another made by Funai that gives the same error code you're getting. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=537441
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It will record some programs on the list, but not others.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky
    It will record some programs on the list, but not others.
    Sounds strange. Are you sure you're inputting the correct date and time (PM)? Once again, I cannot remember how this works on this machine, but are you scheduling them chronologically? Meaning, are the programs input in the same order they'll ge recording. It may be blanking out some of the scheduled programs.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  5. It may be copy protected programs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The programs are not in chronological order. It's the same set of programs I've been recording for several weeks. Most of the time they record, but sometimes not. I use the same discs over and over again and erase the programs once I've watched them. The discs were orginally formatted on the same machine. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Occasionally, the unit's clock will go nuts and set itself to some weird time, but I've checked and the clock is currently correct.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Have you checked for a firmware update?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I contacted Funai about a firmware update when I first bought my unit as I found it to be a little fussy about discs. They told me they had no plans of updates.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by louv68
    I contacted Funai about a firmware update when I first bought my unit as I found it to be a little fussy about discs. They told me they had no plans of updates.
    It happened again. This time the error is E21. When I pull up the timer menu, I can see the error code. When I exit and pull it up again the timer is gone.
    Quote Quote