VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

When trying to project a DVD using Windows Media Player 10 I get a blank screen. The laptop projects fine through the projector. If I use Windows Media Player 8 the DVD projects fine through the projector. Is there a particular setting with Windows Media Player 10 I need to adjust?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see the 'frame' of the player in the projector image when you don't use full screen settings? If so, it sounds like a video overlay problem. I don't use WMP for anything, so no help with it.

JMO, but I would try a different player.

If it is overlay, there may be a setting for that. Or you may be able to decrease your hardware acceleration in your video card display settings, 'Troubleshoot'.

And you might see where WMP 10 is sending the video. It may be going to other than the projector.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What graphics card do you have? You should be able to adjust video overlay settings or change the primary monitor to the projector and you should see the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want a temp fix:
    Play, pause and then minimize an avi. This will use the overlay. You can only use the overlay with one video at a time, so now.....

Start a new player for your dvd and it will play on the pj. I often use this trick with my diy projector hooked to my pc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome jetset

To clarify , you mean using two different pc's , dont you .

Of the hardware involved , say what gpu is having issue , and current driver version / package .

Second , issue is with "home made" or "commercial" dvd's .
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all for your suggestions so far. I'll try them today and hopefully one of the suggestions will resolve this.

The PC's that had WMP8 and WMP10 were different PC's. The DVD 's that were tried on four of the PC's (same operating system,XP SP2 with WMP10) were a pre-recorded disc and another was a presentation that was put together with video and slides. All of the PC's with WMP10 had the same problem of being able to see the overlay but no video from the projector although it was playing on the PC screen.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Gpu = graphics processing unit .

2: Projector , how are units connected to it ?

3: Check video setup has "clone" or "tv out" enabled , projector must be on before enabling .
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We were able to fix it by unchecking the "Use Overlays" options in the "Video Acceleration Settings" window.
    Quote Quote