VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I purchased a Tevion TDVD08 DVD Player 2 weeks ago from Aldi (Melbourne) but exchanged it for another the following day as the picture was a problem. Yesterday I discovered that the 2nd player also has the problem with the picture, but only when the audio is set to 5.1 channel (Can't remember if the first one was this way). Basically the problem is that the picture moves in a funny way. The problem is most evident in things such as shadows which quiver where they shouldn't move at all, writing also noticeably moves, and the edges of things such as faces are jagged. A friend has a Tevion TEV1020 and the same problem occurs when enabling surround sound.
    As this is the second player with the problem I was hoping someone can do some testing with their own TDVD08 and see if they experience a loss of picture quality during 5.1 ch mode, or whether someone can give me some advice on how to fix it before I go and take it back.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do get a similar problem. The pictures were distorted in 5.1 sound mode. I already return it twice, but the problem still there. I set to NTSC as a default TV system, and the problem occured when watching PAL movie with 5.1 sound enabled. The problem more apparent when viewing via projector. Yesterday I bought Cobolt DVD player with 5.1 built-in decoder from go low, and I got similar picture problem again (only when 5.1 enabled). Strange.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    XviD works perfectly. *IF* you take OFF Qpel & GMC.

My videos were doing the exact same thing, the squares where there were moving shadows .. water .. etc.

All of the movies I make now ... so to be compatible with the (aldi) Tevion TDVD08 player are:

XviD & Lame (in VirtualDub this lame reads as Fruanhuffun III or whatever)

....But yeh ... make all your discs xvid and lame ... and should be sweeeet!
    Quote Quote