VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just want to clarify things.

Can I assume that uhf is for more large scale projects that is there is a large or long distance between the transmitters and receivers? And Can I assume that if I go with vhf, it will mean that the transmitter and receiver has to be in close proximity?

Need some suggestions
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wan2no
    I just want to clarify things.

Can I assume that uhf is for more large scale projects that is there is a large or long distance between the transmitters and receivers? And Can I assume that if I go with vhf, it will mean that the transmitter and receiver has to be in close proximity?

Need some suggestions
    Actually it is the opposite. VHF is usually used for greater distance. UHF needs more power or a more directional receiving antenna for the same distance.

What are you trying to do?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm trying to really cut my budget.

I've realised that the vhf products are alot cheaper than the uhf so i just wanted to know the benefits and drawbacks to it. I'm not looking to use the mics for concerts as yet. I'm more into using them with weddings and other small scale events
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wan2no
    i'm trying to really cut my budget.

I've realised that the vhf products are alot cheaper than the uhf so i just wanted to know the benefits and drawbacks to it. I'm not looking to use the mics for concerts as yet. I'm more into using them with weddings and other small scale events
    Either will work. UHF has more available channels and less subject to interference in a city. There are lots of app notes online.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh ok. thanks
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote