VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems about every minute, the video wants to skip a second of video. It doesnt matterwhich movie I play (avi). It seems that where it skips the one time, it may not skip in the same place the second time around. So it seems the video is ok.

My vid card is just onboard 128mb nvidia 6150. It plays video games quite nicely, so I dont suspect problems there either.

I just uninstalled and retried k-lite kodec pack, which I have used without probs for decades. :P

Any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a codec issue. Download and install the latest Divx codec.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded and reinstalled the latest k-lite kodec pack, dont it have it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zzyzx2
    downloaded and reinstalled the latest k-lite kodec pack, dont it have it?
    It has some version yes. It also has a tendency to completely hosing your system with respect to video playback. Been there, done that - Really never recovered completely until I reinstalled Windows.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hard to believe this still can happen without anyone having a fix. Maybe theres a new reader that has an idea???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You were already given the fix. The problem with codec packs is the number of codecs that they install, most of which you most likely will never need. A majority of videos use a few different types of codec, mpeg/mpeg2, avi/divx, and asf/wmv. asf/wmv are provided by WMP, so all you really need to install is an mpeg2 codec and the latest Divx codec to support everything else. Now compare that to the list of codecs within your codec pack. Not too mention the fact that codec packs are known to have installation issues and cause playback issues like you are currently experiencing.

The "problem" is likely also specfic to your machine. You could have other software or codecs installed that corrupted the install, at least specific to Divx playback.

The simple fix is to download and install the latest dvix codec from divx.com (you don't need to install the player or converter, just the codec). The best fix, is to uninstall the k-lite codec pack and then download and install only the codecs necessary as you find the need.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    The best fix, is to uninstall the k-lite codec pack
    ...which in my experience doesn't help much, as the uninstaller still leaves lots of stuff behind, and/or at least doesn't put your system back in the state it was before installing the pack.

/Mats
    Quote Quote