VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a such thing to just cut rmvb file?
    My friend got some crap in this format and she need to cut part of it to fit on disc.
    I am allergic to anything "real" so I even had no clue what to look for; our (otherwise good) guides section didn't help either.

Oh and yes I downloaded and installed Real Media Producer 'basic' for her, but - I couldn't believe it - it can't open .rmvb files (really, LOL).
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try REVE, but I guess it wont work as I have never got it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Real Media Producer -file-edit real media-new window opens-if that can't load your rmvb file-then the downloaded file is corrupt-download again if you need it
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Maybe try REVE, but I guess it wont work as I have never got it to work.
    it probably relies on a very old rmeditor,
    which you'd have to get from a real installation anyway.
    i believe this tool can be safely buried.

Originally Posted by DereX888
    Oh and yes I downloaded and installed Real Media Producer 'basic' for her, but - I couldn't believe it - it can't open .rmvb files (really, LOL).
    yes it can.
    not always.
    i don't know the parameters, or if it automatically equates to a damaged file.

toss it.

gl
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well guys, first - thx for replies.
    I tried REVE (no go at all).
    RMP-basic doesn't even have .rmvb filetype in the open files selection. I forced it by selecting "all files" but it doesn't recognize it.
    It can produce a new RM file from other few formats, but it doesnt want to opem RMVBs itself
    The files certainly are not corrupted - they play from begining to end using real media player and media player classic. Maybe they are "non standard" or something? I dont know how to check it out. Im a totally complete n00b when it comes to "real" shite.

Real Media Producer -file-edit real media-new window opens-
    it doesnt open them :/

I can't toss it out.
    Its a tv capture of some old stuff from a chinese television that hasnt been ever released on anything anywhere, and it was aired only once on tv.
    My friend was downloading it for 2 months (!!! hahaha, what a determination ). I can't do it to her, I might get killed or something

She burnt it on 1DVD + 1CD, but she still wants last episode or two to cut out the end credits so all of it could fit on a single disc.
    HELP!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Does the output have to be a .rmvb file?

=====
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Midzuki
    Does the output have to be a .rmvb file?

=====

I could 'convert' it to any other formats using ffdshow filters or (at worse scenario) I could just play it and simultaneously capture the screen to avi, Im a n00b when it comes to RM only (but thanks for asking).

I am mostly curious now, since she burn it already.
    If I only want to 'edit it' (just CUT, aka split) without any reencoding / converting /etc etc, there must be a tool out there capable to do simple cut on stupid "real media" file, right?!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If I only want to 'edit it' (just CUT, aka split) without any reencoding / converting /etc etc, there must be a tool out there capable to do simple cut on stupid "real media" file, right?!
    I suppose only RealProducer Plus can do that :-(

{ http://service.real.com/help/library/guides/producer11/RealProducer11.pdf }

======
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are playing on media player classic, most probably you have real alternative installed.
    If that is so, uninstall both real alternative and real producer basic. Now install real producer basic only. It should work.
    I have been editing rm and rmvb files with real producer basic-absolutely no problem. Nothing else has worked well for me.
    Had problems long back with real producer basic when i installed real alternative. Uninstalling both and installing real producer alone solved the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    mgh says:

Had problems long back with real producer basic when i installed real alternative. Uninstalling both and installing real producer alone solved the problem.
    Aa, sou desu ka? Doumo arigatou gozaimashita! ^_^

===
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Toss the project.
    if it's that valuable, she should be happy to use 15 disks.

Originally Posted by mgh
    If that is so, uninstall both real alternative and real producer basic. Now install real producer basic only.
    good idea.
    I had the same thought but more as a footnote.

Originally Posted by mgh
    I have been editing rm and rmvb files with real producer basic-absolutely no problem. Nothing else has worked well for me.
    nothing else would.

with mpc playing the file, i'd say your chances are good:

re-index the file, using rmfix,
    or video fixer (payware, not sure of demo policy but it works well).

then load in the realproducer editor.

if it fails,
    you're done.

gl
    Quote Quote