VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I just started having a problem w/my Pioneer DVR-105 where it won't recognize DVD-RWs. I tried burning to the same Memorex DVD-RW I've been using for a while but got an error "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105: Illegal disc. Please insert a rewritable disc". This disc was pretty scratched so I bought new ones, again Memorex but I still got the same error. I also tried this drive and a new -RWs in other apps but none recognized the disc and said there was no disc in the drive. Unfortunately I have no DVD-Rs to try.

I saw some info re DVRFlash to change the firmware, could this help? If not, any idea what else might help? thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's time to invite a few friends over and say a few kind words of remembrance over you OLD and tired 105 and then take it out of its misery and bury it. It probably has cataracts of its laser by now. Even if you perform laser cataract surgery, virtually none of the media that you can buy now is supported in its Media ID (MID) table in its firmware. Pioneer no longer updates the firmware MID table for the 105. This being the case, you will not get optimum burns even if everything in the drive is OK or fixed. You can buy a new Pioneer 112 for well under $40 if you look around. For example http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010100005+50001167&name=Pioneer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use wrong DVD-RW media and you can easily destroy that burner.........
    Quote Quote