VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I started working on this FFmpeg GUI app a few months ago. I mainly wanted streamline the process of getting DVR recorded programs on DVDs. I never had an issue working with commercial free programs. I could usually fix frame drops using Virtual dub. After which I would de-multiplex, then prepare my DVD with DVDAuthor.

Once I started working with pay-ad programs my whole world was turned upside down. Every mpeg I loaded into Cutterman would result in substantial A/V sync issues. That’s when I decide to re-encode all my pay-ad mpegs for use with Cutterman.

So I stared working on Kiss. I started with 3 main goals. I wanted to stay away from unnecessary settings. I wanted to be able re-encode several mpegs at once. And I wanted to incorporate Comskip ad detection app into the process. In the end I had a GUI that would re-encode, detect ads, and demux with the click of 1 button.

So here is where I need your help. I mainly work as a business app programmer. So this is my 1st time doing a GUI for a command-line A/V app. If you guys have any ideas on how I can make Kiss better please pass them on

Search for “Kiss DTV 2 DVD” in the tools section. Post here or reply to my email listed under the help menu.

Thanks
    -me
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I really enjoy this interface. Currently I can record HDTV onto my computer, but my media player box is not capable of passing that through. After trying many warez and many interfaces, Kiss is the easiest to use. The only thing I might say is lacking is the ability to go to an even higher bitrate for the video quality. If you are converting the files for DVD, you can't go that large, but since I am using it to stream to my TV, I would prefer a higher video bitrate option.

Excellent app.

J
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hear is a preview of the latest release.

Please post any suggestions/requests

KissDejaVuBeta.rar
    Quote Quote