VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Xbox 360..
    I Plugged It in all correctly, I tried different wires but the picture flashes for a split second, all there is, is sound and a msg sayin somethin like "not allowed to record" what should I do?

Product Item:
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.556912/walk.yah.UKEL-UK21

If anyones knows any DVD Recorders that DOES allow you to record Gaming Console + HD + VCR (If Possible) Please Tell Me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the video set properly? You will most likely need the xbox video set to 480i (maybe 480p) in order for recorder to recognize it.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Elo Krispy Kritter, Erm I had it via Scart Into The DVD Recorder And I then tried the "red", "yellow" & "white" wires and it still didnt work..

And pinetop I'd prefer not to buy any external stuff for it has the dvd recorder should do as it says..Record.

The msg that comes up basicly tells me I'm not allowed to record my xbox 360, but yet I've seen xbox 360 recordings off other dvd recorders...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried to record copy protected VHS tapes and DVDs with your recorder?
    If yes, did you also get a "not allowed to record" ?
    Are the red, yellow, & white "wires" RCA cables or video composite?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by pinetop
    This device will allow you to record copy-protected VHS, but I don't know about the HD or gaming console.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by RowMan
    Originally Posted by pinetop
    This device will allow you to record copy-protected VHS, but I don't know about the HD or gaming console.
    I know. I'm not sure if he has the output on the xbox set wrong or if something is causing the recorder to detect copy protection. I leaning towards this being a setting issue. Anyhow if you have a DVD recorder, most if not all are protection sensitive, so for $ 25 bucks you solve alot of worries. But I'm also a pack rat gadget guy.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Okay, I'll keep playing with the wires but honestly i tried everything and It says I'm not allowed to record it...so annoyin.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The signal is dirty. I doubt it's settings.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most of the posts and references that I've seen regarding 360 recordings, the users are connecting the xbox to a VCR, then the VCR into a capture card/dvd recorder.

As the xbox is a M$ product, and they are big on copy protection, I suspect it was designed this way on purpose.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yep ^ And I rang up Funai, and they said that basicly there system is really soft and can easily detect copy right protection..jus gunna send it bak to QVC and buy another.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by rhem
    Yep ^ And I rang up Funai, and they said that basicly there system is really soft and can easily detect copy right protection..jus gunna send it bak to QVC and buy another.
    Good luck. Just about every recorder, if not all, on the market will detect copy protection. Some even raise the flag when the input signal is unstable, ie a old VHS tape, dirty vcr heads, worn dvd player laser, or a different type of signal like a camera or game console. An unstable signal causes this, thus the stabilizer suggestion.
    You may want to get a Hauppuage PVR USB2. It will copy protected tapes and boardcast flagged programing.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yea your right, I may just stick with my current DVD Recorder..and i refuse to record via my PC...
    Quote Quote