VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok im ripping a movie wit Gordian Knot and im new at this tool but when i rip a movie it makes 2 video files 1 dont have sound a the other has sound and video can someone please tell me y this keeps happin thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The one without sound is what comes out of VDubMod. The one with sound is the final AVI after the one with no sound is muxed (multiplexed=joined) with the audio. I'm not sure what the problem is. Are you short of hard drive space or something like that?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no i have harddrive space i have about 35gb but i have an usb and that is 500gbs . so this is the way the tool makes it then with 2 file so i should not care about or did i do something wrong?
    and out of both of the files not one is 700mbs like i put they keep coming out at 590mbs and below do u know what would make this happen?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, first GKnot encodes just the video. Than it takes that video and adds in the audio. The result is 2 AVIs. Nothing to worry about. That's the way it's supposed to be.

As for not getting the size you want, one of 2 things probably. You may have maxed out the file size and quality for your settings. Particularly if the resolution is low and/or the video is short. Running the Compression test will prevent that. The results will tell you what size you can expect given the settings you chose.

The other reason has to do with installing a newer XviD on top of an older one, without first uninstalling the older version. Doing that can lead to unpredictable file sizes. First uninstall the one you have (in Add/Remove programs), and then install the new one.

I suppose it could be other things as well, such as you choosing the wrong file size by mistake. Posting the log here might help to sort it out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    where can i get the log file and how do i do the Compression test like i said im new at this tool just
    downloaded it yesterday
    Quote Quote  
  6. Compressibility Check: You can run a compressibility check to determine more accurately what your resolution should be set at to make the bits/pixel more accurate, although this adds time. Results of 60-80% are most desirable, but good quality can also be attained as low as 40%. Anything over 80% is just a waste of pixels. If after running a compressibility check you find your results are lower than what you would like, you can go back and adjust your values to increase the quality of your encode by either increasing target size or lowering resolution (decreasing the width and height of the screen size to increase frame quality).

To begin the compressibility check click on Use, then the Now button. You can increase the percentage from the default of 5%, which means that more of your file will be checked, but this will also increase the time it takes to complete. We have found that the default value of 5% is quite sufficient.
    About 4/5 of the way down this guide:

http://www.rita.lt/guides/GKnot_MPEG2toAVI.htm

The log is called something like <moviename>_gknot.log.

And I might also suggest switching, at least temporarily, to AutoGK which is quite a bit easier to use than is the more complex Gordian Knot.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i use to use fairuse but i did not like the how i could change the screen size i also used dvdx but there was to many sync probs so this is my only tool left to use so i will keep trying to get this but if u dont want to help me anymore its ok ill just keep testing on my own
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i thin this is the log if u want it still 8/12/2007 9:03:00 AM: Job " 1 - VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi" started.

o Xvid - First Pass: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avs
    o Mux Audio.
    End of Job 1 ( 1 - VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Gordian Knot
    Encoding Job Data:

Type: EncXvid_Single
    Container: Audio-Video Interleave (AVI)
    Number: 1
    Name: 1 - VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi
    Platform: WinXP (5.1.2600).2

Files:
    VirtualDubModExe: C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\VirtualDubMod\VirtualDubMod.exe
    NandubExe: C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\nandub\Nandub.exe
    AviFinal: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi
    AviMovie: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1_Movie.avi
    AviCredits: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1_Credits.avi
    MovieFS: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avs
    CreditsFS:
    Log : C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.log
    Stats: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1_1.stats
    Ecf : C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.ecf

Options:
    Quality/DRF: 0
    CreditsStart: 0
    UseEcf: 1
    CreditsIVTC: 0
    CreditsAppend: 0
    DeleteInterm.: 0
    EnforceBitrate: 0
    AntiShit: 0

Calculator:
    VideoSize: 622834 kbyte.
    Audio1Size: 94718 kbyte.
    Audio2Size: 0 kbyte.
    Overhead: 3370 kbyte.
    AviSize: 720923 kbyte (704 mbyte).
    FilesSize: 0 kbyte.
    TotalSize: 720923 kbyte (704 mbyte).
    Interleaving: cbrmp3
    Bitrate: 822 k(=1024)Bits/s
    Frames: 145334
    FPS: 23.976
    Duration: 141:2
    Quality: 0.200 bits/(pixel*frame).
    CompCheck3: 0.000 bits/(pixel*frame).
    CompCheck5: 0.185 bits/(pixel*frame).
    Resolution: 576 x 304

Audio 1:
    Mode: Just Mux Source File.
    SourceFile: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -16ms_1.mp3
    WavFile: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -16ms_1.wav
    Mp3File: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -16ms_1_1.mp3
    OggFile: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -16ms_1.ogg
    OggQuality: 0.200
    OggLanguage: English
    Azid:
    Lame:
    Delay: 0
    Interval: 1
    Preload: 500
    Mux: 1
    Recalc: 1
    DeleteWav: 1

Audio 2:
    none.

9:03:00 AM: Audio 1, determined: 93593 kb
    9:03:00 AM: Audio 1, calc: 94718 kb
    9:03:00 AM: New Bitrate for Movie = 823 k(=1024)Bits/s

Adding this script to C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\VirtualDubMod\LastJob.vcf :

// $job "XviD Single Pass"
    // $input "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avs"
    // $output "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1_Movie.avi"
    // $state 0
    // $start_time 0 0
    // $end_time 0 0
    // $script

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\\VIDE O_TS\\VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avs",0,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetDepth(24,24);
    VirtualDub.video.SetMode(1);
    VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,1);
    VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetRange(0,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x64697678,0,10000 ,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(3532,"AAAAAIwCAACYGQk AQzpcRG9jdW1lbnRzIGFuZCBTZXR0aW5nc1xtYXR0aGV3XERlc 2t0b3BcR1JVTVBJRVJfT0xEX01FTlxWSURFT19UU1xWVFNfMDF fUEdDXzAxXzEuc3RhdHMATQBQAEkARQBSAF8ATwBMAEQAXwBNA EUATgBcAFYASQBEAEUATwBfAFQAUwBcAFYAVABTAF8AMAAxAF8 AUABHAEMAXwAwADEAXwAxAC4AcwB0AGEAdABzAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABA AAAkAEAACh1bnJlc3RyaWN0ZWQpAABpAGMAdABlAGQAKQAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAADgAAAEdlbmVyYWwgcHVycG9zZQBwAHUAcgBwAG8AcwBlA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAIERITFRcZGxESExUXGRscFBUWFxgaHB4 VFhcYGhweIBYXGBocHiAjFxgaHB4gIyYZGhweICMmKRscHiAjJ iktEBESExQVFhcREhMUFRYXGBITFBUWFxgZExQVFhcYGhsUFRY XGRobHBUWFxgaGxweFhcYGhscHh8XGBkbHB4fIQAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAIAAACWAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAEAA AAAkAAAABAAAAAQAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAA PQBAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAABAAAABkAAAAZAAAAAEAAAAKAAAAAQAAABQAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAUAAAAFAAAABQAAAADwCgAAAAAAAQAAAAIAAAAEAAAALQA AAAEAAAAAAAAAAQAAAIAAAADZyAEAAAAAAAYAAAAEAAAAAQAAA AEAAAAAAAAALAEAAAAAAAABAAAAHwAAAAEAAAAfAAAAAQAAAB8 AAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAzwAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==");
    VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear();
    VirtualDub.subset.Delete();
    VirtualDub.SaveAVI("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\\VIDE O_TS\\VTS_01_PGC_01_1_Movie.avi");
    VirtualDub.Close();

// $endjob
    //
    //--------------------------------------------------
    // $done

9:03:00 AM: Started : C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avs
    10:54:40 AM: Finished : Duration: 1 hour, 51 minutes, 39 seconds.
    10:54:40 AM: Trying to open Log-file.
    10:54:40 AM: Success: Log-file open.
    10:54:40 AM: Encoded: 145334 Frames.
    10:54:40 AM: Speed: 21.692 Frames per Second.

// $job "DivX5 Append"
    // $input "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1_Movie.avi"
    // $output "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi"
    // $state 0
    // $start_time 0 0
    // $end_time 0 0
    // $script

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\\VIDE O_TS\\VTS_01_PGC_01_1_Movie.avi",0,0);
    VirtualDub.RemoveInputStreams();
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetSource("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\\VIDE O_TS\\VTS_01_PGC_01_1 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -16ms_1.mp3",0x00000202,1);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetMode(0);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetInterleave(1,500,1,0,0);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetClipMode(1,1);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetConversion(0,0,0,0,0);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetVolume();
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetCompression();
    VirtualDub.video.SetMode(0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompression();
    VirtualDub.SaveAVI("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\\VIDE O_TS\\VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi");
    VirtualDub.Close();

// $endjob
    //
    // $done

10:54:41 AM: Started Muxing Audio.: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1_Movie.avi
    10:55:48 AM: Finished Muxing Audio.: Duration: 1 minute, 7 seconds.

10:55:48 AM: Done.
    10:55:48 AM: Movie = C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\GRUMPIER_OLD_MEN\VIDEO_TS \VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi
    Total Encoding Time: 1 hour, 52 minutes, 47 seconds.
    8/12/2007 10:55:48 AM: Job " 1 - VTS_01_PGC_01_1.avi" finished.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK, that told me what I needed to know. The video is long and the resolution is reasonably high. You didn't saturate the codec. I think it's a case of you having installed a newer XviD over an older one without having first uninstalled the older one. So, uninstall XviD and then reinstall it and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ya that was it thanks alot it works great thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok the first one i did was 700mbs but now its doing it again i changed dvdz and now its doing the size again
    Quote Quote  
  12. Post the log.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is the log but this time the video come out to big

8/12/2007 9:04:42 PM: Job " 1 - VTS_02_PGC_01_1.avi" started.

o Transcode source -> MP3: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
    o Xvid - First Pass: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.avs
    o Mux Audio.
    End of Job 4 ( 1 - VTS_02_PGC_01_1.avi).

Gordian Knot
    Encoding Job Data:

Type: EncXvid_Single
    Container: Audio-Video Interleave (AVI)
    Number: 4
    Name: 1 - VTS_02_PGC_01_1.avi
    Platform: WinXP (5.1.2600).2

Files:
    VirtualDubModExe: C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\VirtualDubMod\VirtualDubMod.exe
    NandubExe: C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\nandub\Nandub.exe
    AviFinal: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.avi
    AviMovie: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1_Movie.avi
    AviCredits: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1_Credits.avi
    MovieFS: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.avs
    CreditsFS:
    Log : C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.log
    Stats: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.stats
    Ecf : C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.ecf

Options:
    Quality/DRF: 0
    CreditsStart: 0
    UseEcf: 1
    CreditsIVTC: 0
    CreditsAppend: 0
    DeleteInterm.: 0
    EnforceBitrate: 0
    AntiShit: 0

Calculator:
    VideoSize: 620708 kbyte.
    Audio1Size: 95648 kbyte.
    Audio2Size: 0 kbyte.
    Overhead: 4538 kbyte.
    AviSize: 720896 kbyte (704 mbyte).
    FilesSize: 0 kbyte.
    TotalSize: 720896 kbyte (704 mbyte).
    Interleaving: cbrmp3
    Bitrate: 608 k(=1024)Bits/s
    Frames: 195687
    FPS: 23.976
    Duration: 216:2
    Quality: 0.186 bits/(pixel*frame).
    CompCheck3: 0.000 bits/(pixel*frame).
    CompCheck5: 0.185 bits/(pixel*frame).
    Resolution: 512 x 272

Audio 1:
    Mode: ac3 -> mp3
    SourceFile: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
    WavFile: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.wav
    Mp3File: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp3
    OggFile: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ogg
    OggQuality: 0.200
    OggLanguage: English
    Azid: -c normal
    Lame: -h --abr 128
    Delay: 0
    Interval: 1
    Preload: 500
    Mux: 1
    Recalc: 1
    DeleteWav: 1

Audio 2:
    none.

9:04:42 PM: Started Transcoding Audio.

9:04:42 PM: Using "BeSweet" to transcode C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
    CommandLine: "C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3" -output "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp3" -logfile "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.log" ) -ota( -hybridgain ) -azid( -c normal ) -lame( -h --abr 128 )
    9:34:40 PM: Finished. Duration: 29 minutes, 58 seconds.

9:34:40 PM: Audio Done.
    9:34:40 PM: MP3-File-Size is 129700 kb.
    9:34:40 PM: Audio 1, determined: 129700 kb
    9:34:40 PM: Audio 1, calc: 95648 kb
    9:34:40 PM: New Bitrate for Movie = 575 k(=1024)Bits/s

// $job "XviD Single Pass"
    // $input "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.avs"
    // $output "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1_Movie.avi"
    // $state 0
    // $start_time 0 0
    // $end_time 0 0
    // $script

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\VANILLA_SKY\\VTS_02_PG C_01_1.avs",0,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetMode(1);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x64697678,0,10000 ,0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(3532,"AAAAAHACAADZfwk AQzpcRG9jdW1lbnRzIGFuZCBTZXR0aW5nc1xtYXR0aGV3XERlc 2t0b3BcVkFOSUxMQV9TS1lcVlRTXzAyX1BHQ18wMV8xLnN0YXR zAHQAbwBwAFwAVgBBAE4ASQBMAEwAQQBfAFMASwBZAFwAVgBUA FMAXwAwADIAXwBQAEcAQwBfADAAMQBfADEALgBzAHQAYQB0AHM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABA AAAkAEAAEFkdmFuY2VkIFNpbXBsZSBAIEw1AABtAHAAbABlACA AQAAgAEwANQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAACQAAAEdlbmVyYWwgcHVycG9zZQBwAHUAcgBwAG8AcwBlA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAIERITFRcZGxESExUXGRscFBUWFxgaHB4 VFhcYGhweIBYXGBocHiAjFxgaHB4gIyYZGhweICMmKRscHiAjJ iktEBESExQVFhcREhMUFRYXGBITFBUWFxgZExQVFhcYGhsUFRY XGRobHBUWFxgaGxweFhcYGhscHh8XGBkbHB4fIQAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAABAAAAAQAAAAIAAACWAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAEAA AAAkAAAABAAAAAQAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAA PQBAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAABAAAABkAAAAZAAAAAEAAAAKAAAAAQAAABQAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAUAAAAFAAAABQAAAADwCgAAAAAAAQAAAAIAAAAQAAAAAgA AAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAACgdQEAAAAAAAYAAAAEAAAAAAAAA AEAAAAAAAAA8AAAAAAAAAACAAAAHwAAAAIAAAAfAAAAAgAAAB8 AAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAzwAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==");
    VirtualDub.SaveAVI("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\VANILLA_SKY\\VTS_02_PG C_01_1_Movie.avi");
    VirtualDub.Close();

// $endjob
    //
    // $done

9:34:41 PM: Started : C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.avs
    11:57:36 PM: Finished : Duration: 2 hours, 22 minutes, 54 seconds.
    11:57:36 PM: Trying to open Log-file.
    11:57:36 PM: Success: Log-file open.
    11:57:36 PM: Encoded: 195687 Frames.
    11:57:36 PM: Speed: 22.823 Frames per Second.

// $job "DivX5 Append"
    // $input "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1_Movie.avi"
    // $output "C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.avi"
    // $state 0
    // $start_time 0 0
    // $end_time 0 0
    // $script

VirtualDub.Open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\VANILLA_SKY\\VTS_02_PG C_01_1_Movie.avi",0,0);
    VirtualDub.RemoveInputStreams();
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetSource("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\VANILLA_SKY\\VTS_02_PG C_01_1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp3",0x00000202,1);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetMode(0);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetInterleave(1,500,1,0,0);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetClipMode(1,1);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetConversion(0,0,0,0,0);
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetVolume();
    VirtualDub.stream[0].SetCompression();
    VirtualDub.video.SetMode(0);
    VirtualDub.video.SetCompression();
    VirtualDub.SaveAVI("C:\\Documents and Settings\\matthew\\Desktop\\VANILLA_SKY\\VTS_02_PG C_01_1.avi");
    VirtualDub.Close();

// $endjob
    //
    // $done

11:57:37 PM: Started Muxing Audio.: C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1_Movie.avi
    11:58:51 PM: Finished Muxing Audio.: Duration: 1 minute, 14 seconds.

11:58:51 PM: Done.
    11:58:51 PM: Movie = C:\Documents and Settings\matthew\Desktop\VANILLA_SKY\VTS_02_PGC_01 _1.avi
    Total Encoding Time: 2 hours, 54 minutes, 9 seconds.
    8/12/2007 11:58:51 PM: Job " 1 - VTS_02_PGC_01_1.avi" finished.
    Quote Quote  
  14. How big is it? You know you set it to output more than you can normally burn on a CD, don't you? I figured you were planning on overburning. Maybe set it for 700 MB and try again
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ya i know i put it bigger becuase wit all the software i use it comes out smaller most of the time i thought it was like all the others but i tried it last night and it came at 689 mbs when i tried 700mbs
    and then i put it on 704mb it came out 789mb

i just tried 700mbs again and it came out 769mbs but i think the thing stopped every like its not finshing the movie becuase it was at 80% when i last looked the it was done like not even 10min later

im only doing 1 pass to if u dont know
    Quote Quote  
  16. im only doing 1 pass to if u dont know
    No, I didn't know. GKnot is designed for 2-pass encoding. I didn't even know it was possible to do just one pass in it. Then of course you can't get accurate sizes. They'll be all over the place as I believe you're having it write out the quant 2 first pass. I'll return to an earlier suggestion to have you try out AutoGK.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used fairuse i did not like it wit this thing u r trying to tell me about can u change the size of the screen like zoom in and all that becuase the screen size change was very small on fairuse
    Quote Quote  
  18. I've never used FairUse, so I don't know the screen you're talking about.

If you click on the AutoGK link, you can see and enlarge the main AutoGK screen to see what it looks like. It's about the same size as the Gordian Knot screen.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried autogk and i dont like it can u just tell me y ok last night i made it 2 pass 700mbs it came out 789mbs y does it keep doing this
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there a bug wit the new xvid and gk or something becuase i dont get y it comes out like this i never had this prob before and im not that dumb at converting as u think im not the best but i do know some stuff about dvd to avi i have bin doing it for about 3 months now but i dont get y it comes out 50mbs more thn what i put
    Quote Quote  
  21. OK, let's try and root it out good this time:
    Uninstall Xvid, find and delete the xvid.ax and xvid.dll files, then reinstall Xvid.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1031895#post1031895
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok tried to do that and it still does it u think that there maybe a bug or something in the new xvid 1.1.3 becuase someone said that u have to download a thing i have a link to it it happins in agk and it made by the same person so maybe thats it becuase i dont get it
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi-

Did you just say that you tried AutoGK (set for 1 CD, maybe) and the same thing happened?

And this after removing those 2 components mentioned in that post?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes i tried that post thing i uninstalled xvid and deleted the .ddl thing it still does it i dont get it
    Quote Quote  
  25. Well, I'm sorry then, zookeeper525. If you cleaned out the XviD before installing
    it again, and are running 2 passes for a particular file size, but are getting the
    wrong sizes, then I don't know what it is. Sorry to not be any help with this.
    Perhaps try one of the other DVD2AVI conversion programs. You say you didn't
    like Fairuse, so maybe Staxrip or AVI.net will be better for you. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok manono i think im just going to go back to dvdx and see if they fixed the sync probs yet thanks for all your help
    Quote Quote