VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have 4 movie files (.avi) with subtitles(.srt). Is there any program that makes the Re-enconding, places the subtitles and the menus in the DVD disc, so I can watch it on TV latter
    thanks for you time
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try ConvertXToDVD first. It's payware, but should do everything you want and it's one of the best all-in-one converters. But if you want all four on the same DVD, the quality will be very poor when converted to DVD. I would use two at most, unless they are low quality to start with..

There are also freeware programs that may do similar. Try FAVC or DVD Flick or look for others in: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-dvd-converters Though not all of them can handle subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried The Film Machine, but i donīt have Cinema Craft Encoder, Canopus Procoder nor Sonic Foundry Encoder. Are these encoders freeware ?? Where can I get them?
    When i tried DVDFlick, it encoded, but, for some reason, it couldnīt burn the DVD.
    Before, I was using Virtual Dub Mod to "print" the subtitle in the Movie file. Then, I burned the DVD using Nero Recode.
    As you can see, this process takes 2 encodes, which takes a LOT OF time and reduces the video quality.
    Is there any format to wich i should encode the video file (with the sub printed) so it doesīt have to be encoded again when burnin the DVD ?
    or I shoul use other burnin program ?
    thanks a lot for your help man
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The two encoders mentioned are both payware.

A DVD uses selectable subs, so you only need to add the subs (Usually .srt) and the video and encode with a program like ConvertX. Or you can use a freeware MPEG encoder like HC or QuEnc and add the subs when you author to the DVD format. The freeware GUI for dvdauthor can do that. But one of the all-in-one converters that accepts subs would be easier.

Just for the DVD burning part of the process, I would recommend the freeware ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  5. tanks man, Iīll try those.
    Quote Quote