VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a problem with about 10 DVD+ RW dics.

Having burn some tv progs on to these DVD+ RW discs, I decided to reuse them and erase and burn something else onto them. Some where burnt on my old computer and some on my new computer.

Nether will play or be recognized on either of my computers or even a friends computer, but all will play in my DVD player.

Strange how I cant earse them on any of my 2 computers or my friends computer, I can`t believe the cant be recognized in a computer but ok in a dvd player, they can`t be US surely.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a dozen RWs that I use to transfer video from DVD recorder to my PC and back again (I also record digital streams on my PC). One of those will occasionally refuse to erase on the PC, but if I put it in the DVD recorder it will erase happily, then be usable on the PC for a while. Eventually it will do it again, but it continues to work despite this odd behaviour. If you can get to a DVD recorder you may be able to rescue it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks gunslinger, I will try the DVD recorder way in friends recorder.

I still am confused as to why 10 + RW discs being burnt once only, and 6 can not be erased and used again which was the whole point of buying them in the first place
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some details would help. What format were the TV programme files you burnt. Which program did you use to burn them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Ulead DVD Movie factory as MPEG 2 and burnt as a DVD.

Never a problem in the past, but my 2 computers wont reconize the discs now after watchng them on DVD players, and can still be viewed on a dvd player but not on my computer or a friends either....strange?

I have resorted to trying Imageburn to erase one of the discs, although it said it erased the disc , I still can`t use it to burn on again in Nero or Movie factory as a data disc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can burn data with Imgburn. Give it a try and see what happens. Use Build mode to select your files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou Gunslinger, the lastest report of my erasing trouble is..

I erased one of my DVD +RWs using IMGBURN. It erased it and I then put 10mb of data using build mode. It burnt that ok.

I then erased the disc in Nero, (which nero refused to erase before) and then burnt 4gb of data using Nero, that burnt ok as well. Making the first of my DVD RWs discs reusable again.

I will try the same with the other discs later.

But at least it worked....in my case ..thanks to all.........SUCCESS....
    Quote Quote