VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one of those all in one ATI video capture cards. I have a bunch of stuff I want to put on a disc and get off my PC. The files are two big for one disc and I just wanted to split them, but I could never figure how.
    Now my idea is if I can figure how to send video out of the PC, I can just run it into the DVR and tape it like a live feed to disc. So how can I send video out?
    I do also have a fire wire port for the pc, but I assumed that was for in put only, also since I have a new video card, I also still have the PC original bulit in monitor out put connector
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming it has s-video out you can just feed this into the s-video in of your recorder. You also need a 3.5 mm headphone jack - stereo RCA cable to get the audio from your PC to your recorder.

However you take a generational hit doing it this way.

If you explain exactly what you have, someone will be able to tell you how to split it, I'm sure.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Assuming it has s-video out you can just feed this into the s-video in of your recorder. You also need a 3.5 mm headphone jack - stereo RCA cable to get the audio from your PC to your recorder.

However you take a generational hit doing it this way.

If you explain exactly what you have, someone will be able to tell you how to split it, I'm sure.
    I understand the actual cable connector part, I just would need to know how to send the feed out. All the programs that go along with video are all about using those as inputs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is has VIVO then it should be a matter of telling the driver you have a TV attached, then playing the video with a software player. Depending on the drivers, you may be able to direct just the video overlay to the video out, or you may have to play it fullscreen.

On the drivers for my 9600XT card (s-video out only), I go into the Catalyst Control Centre. Under Video is Theater Mode. Here I can tell it to send only the overlay to the second display (TV).
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is has VIVO then it should be a matter of telling the driver you have a TV attached, then playing the video with a software player. Depending on the drivers, you may be able to direct just the video overlay to the video out, or you may have to play it fullscreen.

On the drivers for my 9600XT card (s-video out only), I go into the Catalyst Control Centre. Under Video is Theater Mode. Here I can tell it to send only the overlay to the second display (TV).
    So basically I just have to access the driver for the fire wire port that I have and tell it out? I figured that port was the best as the front of the dvr has the input. In fact that was how I was sending video in from camcorder, so if i could just turn it the other way it would be great as I have everything, and fire wire carries sound right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    s-video. Firewire will only work if you render the file as DV and send it out to the recorder, and if the recorder acts like a DV camera. you have to send it all out through the analogue outputs (s-video and headphones or line out), hence the generation loss.

I still think you should be doing all of this on the PC.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM

I still think you should be doing all of this on the PC.
    I wanted to, I just couldn't figure how. Any softwares i had were just crap. I tried sonic my dvd but it made it so the disc only held like an hour.
    I also believe windows movie maker just kept crashing.
    Even if I could just cut the file in half and put it on two discs, they don't need to be dvd player playable, as long as i can put the disc in the pc and watch the file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is this file you keep talking about ?

Post some details - size, codecs used etc. A g-spot screenshot would be a good start. I find it hard to believe that it cannot be easily split, unless it is in an annoying format like RMVB.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is this file you keep talking about ?

Post some details - size, codecs used etc. A g-spot screenshot would be a good start. I find it hard to believe that it cannot be easily split, unless it is in an annoying format like RMVB.
    Should just be an MPeG, what ever ATI captures in, but I will try your idea.
    Quote Quote