VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone
    I have a problem with DVDlab pro and motion menus.
    What I did:
    I created a motion menu by dragging a video and audio file onto the menu sheet.
    Then I added some "buttons"(just text) and linked them to movies.
    All movies and menues are in 16:9 format and I have also specified 16:9 in the project properties. The problem is with the colors:
    because I like to have the button text to appear in white color(normal), yellow(selected) and red(activated) I configured the color map accordingly with the 3rd slider.
    When I simulate the menu and even when I compile the DVD and play it with nero player everything is fine. If I play the DVD with a desktop DVD player on a 4:3 TV set then the movies have black bars on top and bottom(letterbox) which is OK. The problem is with the motion menus, on the 4:3 TV set the top and bottom bars appear in WHITE color. I found out that this color changes when I change the color map of the buttons in normal state.
    What I mean is if I change the color of the button text to black(normal color map, slider 3) then the top and bottom letterbox bars also change to black.
    This only appears with motion menus the color of the letterbox bars of the movies is always black.
    Question:
    What do I need to do to have black letterbox bars with the motion menus but white button text on the buttons???
    Do I need to do "Motion Render" to overcome this???(I haven't done this yet).
    If possible I want to avoid any reencoding of the motion menue clips to maintain the quality.
    Many Thanks for any hint on this.
    Regards
    Sektionschef
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It appears DLP uses GROUP-3 for the Letterbox Background.

So, change each of your buttons to use GROUP-2.

Make sure that GROUP-3 NORMAL is transparent (slider to the LEFT).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by GeorgeW
    It appears DLP uses GROUP-3 for the Letterbox Background.

So, change each of your buttons to use GROUP-2.

Make sure that GROUP-3 NORMAL is transparent (slider to the LEFT).

Regards,
    George
    Many Thanks for your answer.
    This has fixed the problem!
    Currently I have the group3 normal slider on the right side(solid) and it also works.
    Why should it be on the left side(transpareent)?
    Regards
    Sektionschef
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sektionschef
    Many Thanks for your answer.
    This has fixed the problem!
    Currently I have the group3 normal slider on the right side(solid) and it also works.
    Why should it be on the left side(transpareent)?
    You don't have to if it works the way you have it

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote