VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. does the Vidicraft Vidimate VDMS300 and Vidicraft Detailer III work with PAL ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Vidicraft gear is all NTSC only as far as I know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. oh my !

but Lordsmuf says that the Vidicraft Detailer works for PAL ?

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/restoration-hardware-for-pal-system-t256547.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Perhaps I am wrong - they may very well work OK for PAL. It's not part of their printed specs, I don't think. But that doesn't mean PAL won't work. These are analog devices, after all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well, i had sent a pm to Lordsmurf, he said the Vidicraft Detailer does do PAL, about the Vidimate he was not sure and told me to ask you since you had more experience with hardware.

there's absolutely not single page on the web with the specs of the Vidimate ! wonder whether to take the risk and buy it.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's been a while since I plugged my Studio 1 Productions DR-1000 in my PAL loop. I remember posting about how some of my equipment hated PAL, but I was essentially told by other users that they had no trouble with PAL. I forget a lot of things. I sold my Vidicraft Detailer III years ago at this point.

EDIT: Yes, it does. Read here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic326617.html?highlight=pal%20signvideo

The detailers should all be about the same. Vidicraft, Studio 1, SignVideo. I'd be surprised if PAL was rejected.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yea, I read that post where you tested the Detailer III. Was the Vidimate a later or earlier model than the Detailer ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. old thread but never too late for a real reply. using an ATI theater 750 PCIe capture card with a PAL vhs composite signal, my vidicraft detailer III, set to color, turns the picture into grayscale with all color lost before 11 o'clock. not sure if this is the same as it would be with a tv but my guess is it would be, and most folks probably pick these detailers up for digital capture anyway. I have used the detailer III many times with NTSC and it has worked properly. whether or not it worked as hoped is a topic for another thread. bottom line: if you are a PAL user, watch out, I don't think it will work, mine won't.
    Quote Quote