VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Our home DVD Player is the Panasonic RV32 and it won't play a wedding movie made by the photographer in India (different region then mine which is Canada).
    I was able to copy the movie using DVD Fab Platinum then but the DVD Player still won't play it in our player. There is nothing wrong with the player since its plays backed up movies like Spiderman and Star Wars on the exact same DVD-R Memorex 16x using DVD Fab Platinum.

Any ideas ? Many thanks for taking the time to read this topic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is the video in PAL Format?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi-
    Any ideas ?
    I don't think the problem is so much that it's a different region or that it's a DVD+/-R disc, because it's almost certainly a burned and region-free DVD, and your player has no problem with those. The problem is probably that it's a PAL DVD and your player probably can't play PAL DVDs. You can confirm by opening a VOB in GSpot or DGIndex or some such and checking that the resolution is 720x576. I suspect your player can only play NTSC 720x480 DVDs. You might also check around with your friends to see if any of them have players that play PAL DVDs, and see if it plays on them.

If I'm right (and you haven't really given us any useful information yet), your choices are to either buy a player that can play PAL DVDs, or reencode it for NTSC. Unless you want to just watch it on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I tell if the video is in PAL format ? Sorry but I don't know how to tell. Also I'm looking at the manual and it says that it cannot play PAL disc. So does this mean the video which was created by that photographer cannot be played on my Panasonic RV32 Player ? How can I convert to the NTSC format ? Please keep in mind I can play the video on my DVD-RW burner with Power DVD on my computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/convert#4;41

LINKS TO CONVERSION GUIDES
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by justmehere
    How do I tell if the video is in PAL format ?
    Originally Posted by manono
    You can confirm by opening a VOB in GSpot or DGIndex or some such and checking that the resolution is 720x576.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys for the help. Really good forum.
    Quote Quote