VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey again. I posted another topic a while back asking about MovieFactory, and I've purchased it between then and now. It works great for the most part. The only problems I'm having are with the menus and playback on DVD players, but oddly, they work fine on computers.

When I preview the menu before burning the DVD, it works fine, so then I burn the DVD. Once it's finished, I test it out on my computer and it works perfectly, but for some reason, when I play the DVD in a DVD player, the menu doesn't work right. It looks right (images, text, etc. are where they should be), but I can't select anything with the remote. Another issue is that I can't skip between chapters when watching the clips on the DVD.

Does anyone know what's going on?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this specific to one player or brand, or on several different players ?

How did you test it on your PC - what software did you use ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In each of the three DVD players I tried, all of different brands, the DVD didn't work. But as far as the software I used on my PC, I used Intervideo WinDVD 8, the software that came with MovieFactory.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean the Button Highlights are not working

What is the exact version number of the software you have
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the highlight buttons aren't working, so that's probably why it seems like I can't select anything on the menu, but I also can't skip from chapter to chapter while watching clips from the DVD. And I'm using Ulead DVD MovieFactory version 6.

Oh yeah, and the highlight buttons work when the DVD plays on the computer, oddly. I still can't skip between chapters when watching the DVD on my PC though. Can't figure out what's going on... it's really weird ^^;;
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cheeseandcrackers
    Yes, the highlight buttons aren't working, so that's probably why it seems like I can't select anything on the menu, but I also can't skip from chapter to chapter while watching clips from the DVD. And I'm using Ulead DVD MovieFactory version 6.

Oh yeah, and the highlight buttons work when the DVD plays on the computer, oddly. I still can't skip between chapters when watching the DVD on my PC though. Can't figure out what's going on... it's really weird ^^;;
    What is the exact version in Help/About (6.xxx.xxx, etc...)

Also, are you talking about CHAPTERS as in a video clip that has multiple chapter marks along the clip (go-t0 points of a video clip), or do you have multiple separate video clips that you added to your project
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have MovieFactory 6, and installed Patch 1, and have the same "menu highlight select not visible problem". The menu select highlights aren't visible when playing the DVD on Panasonic A120, but are visible on Philips 724.

I never had this problem with MovieFactory 3SE. Could someone help please? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems like maybe MovieFactory 6 Patch 2 fixes the menu highlight select problem. I made a DVD using a MF6 template after installing Patch 2, and the highlight select worked fine on my Panasonic A120 DVD player.
    Quote Quote