VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an AVI file that has VBR audio. I followed a how-to guide using Virtual dub mod to copy the audio out as a WAV.

Now I got the WAV and AVI, How do I replace the audio on the orginal AVI with this newly created WAV audio

someone mentioned doing this but I cant figure it out Im sorry.

"....... But you can put the AVI into VirtualDub Mod and add the WAV audio in. Move the WAV audio to the top of the 'Streams' list and delete the VBR audio. This will not damage the original file. Save out both the audio and video in 'Direct stream mode' with a new name and use that for TMPGEnc. This is assuming there are no problems with the video itself. "
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That looks like something I may have written. If you were able to extract the audio with VDM, then putting it back is is just as easy. But make sure to use 'Full Processing' when saving as a WAV or you may get your original audio in a WAV wrapper.

In 'Streams', select 'Add' and select your new audio file. It will appear below your VBR audio. Click on the new audio and then 'Move up'. Now click on your old audio and 'Disable or Delete'. That's it. Set the processing to 'Direct stream copy' if you just want to add it back with the video as is. That will work it you are going to encode it to MPEG. Leave the video on 'Direct stream copy' also. Save the file with a new filename if you don't want to overwrite the original.

Or select 'Full Processing mode' and select a compression from the available options. I usually add Lame MP3 ACM to VDM and use that for a audio encoder. I use '44100 Hz, 128Kbps CBR Stereo, 16KB/s' settings if I'm going to keep the video in AVI format.

Just try it out. As mentioned, it won't damage the original file as long as you use a different filename. I use this method for all in one encoders like ConvertXToDVD or similar that need muxed audio and video. With encoders like TMPGEnc just add the video file and select the new WAV file for the audio source. You can also encode the WAV to AC3 with a program like ffmpeggui, then add that back with the encoded audio with a authoring program like TDA that accepts separate audio and video streams.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you I cant wait to try it!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It did not work =(

Trying to encode in TMpeg that is.

So I did like you said and made a new avi with the WAV audio but still TMpeg will not load it. BS player plays the new file just fine.....

I uploaded a Pic of the video through GSpot.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That appears to be a problem with your Xvid codec. With TMPGEnc, try raising the VFAPI Plug-in priority: http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/convert/tmpgenc/tmpgenc.htm Scroll down to 'Problem opening source files'.

And if that doesn't help, try uninstalling ffdshow, then reinstalling it, maybe update it, depending on the version you are using.

BTW, you do realize that's a PAL Xvid you are trying to convert?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know you mentioned that before.

You know the real problem is that I used convertXtodvd and it made the DVD no problem but! when I try to burn another copy using the video_TS folder convertX made it will not burn.
    Quote Quote