VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,
    my guitar teacher bought a DVD from the USA for me (I'm in Australia) but unfortunately when we play it, it stops (hangs) at exactly the same point every time. I managed to copy the DVD to my hard drive using IsoBuster, but had to select 'Ignore read error (All)' or some such option as I got error messages. Prior to that I had tried to use DVD Decryptor but got message 'Unrecovered Read Error: Read IO Sector 325680'' .
    Now that I have the files on my hard drive, I tried to burn using DVD Shrink but get message "Invalid data in file "E\......\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03.4VOB, overlapped I/O operation is in progress"
    Is there some way or some software to use that can determine the bad data and somehow skip it, or circumvent the problem?
    The actual piece of video where it hangs is not important as the teacher is just talking about something relatively inconsequential, so if I could just edit out this section for 10-20 secs or so it wouldn't be missed.
    Any advice greatly appreciated as it will be a pain to send it back to the vendor in the USA.
    Thanks, Bernie.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you get that error in dvd shrink when you open the dvd? if not you can use the reauthor mode to try cut out the bad data. Or else try other mpeg2/dvd editors like Videoredo or mpegvcr.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  4. I get the 'Overlapped I/O' error as soon as I try to open the files on my hard disk, but not when I open the actual original DVD. In reauthor mode the actual DVD will play, but stops at the same point. Can I use the reauthor mode to reauthor the actual DVD and then save the edited files to disk?
    Quote Quote  
  5. VboBlanker seemed to process the files on my hard disk OK; it prompted me to do a 'full scan' at first. I ran out of time this morning to see if the files it produced are OK, but here's hoping!
    Thanks to all, Bernie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I was able to burn a good DVD using the files generated by VobBlanker, thanks guys!
    Quote Quote