VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a bunch of mpeg2 compressed avi videos captured with my TV card.

Whenever I edit and export them using Adobe Premiere the quality of videos is complete disaster. They are pixelated, they are lagging etc...

I've heard that Adobe Premiere works best with uncompressed videos so I tried to convert them in VirtualDub using Panasonic DV codec or as uncompressed AVIs. However when I try to export them in Adobe Premiere the quality of video is still really bad.

Does anyone have any suggestion which other DV codec could I use or which settings.

I've been playing with video settings in Adobe Premiere for hours now and nothing really makes much difference.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What export settings are you using? video codec? video bitrate? resolution/frame size?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    What export settings are you using? video codec? video bitrate? resolution/frame size?
    I've been trying to export videos using Xvid and DivX codecs. I've tried video bitrates between 750 and up to 3000 (didn't really solve the problems), the frame size is 320x240 because I want to upload them to youtube.

Under video settings I've tried using just about every possible settings combinations. In codec settings I left everything alone except of bitrate settings.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try convert to Divx or Xvid with Virtualdub and see if it looks better.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Try convert to Divx or Xvid with Virtualdub and see if it looks better.
    If I convert to Xvid in VirtualDub the quality of output video is perfect. I'm hoping I can somehow get the same quality when editing and encoding video in Adobe Premiere.
    Quote Quote