VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off, this dazzle dvc-150 is the biggest POS , so many problems, so difficult to work with, proprietary crap.

The problem is that it captures in a weird mpeg2 format where if i import it into premiere, the video is kinda screwed up with large chunks of the color green and an audio sync problem.

Then if i import this file into any other video editor, the audio starts pretty much in sync, but towards the end its way out of sync. If i play it back in media player classic its fine. Normally i have to convert this mpeg in virutaldub to some other video format to fix the weirdness of the video and premiere, but the audio is out of sync.

I'm just wondering if anyone happens to know if there is a work around for this piece of crap. Like something thatl fix the capture file (mpeg2) so that the audio is in sync when opened in any other program.

BTW the same thing happens on two different machines i installed the thing on. Screw dazzle for making some a crappy system
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's either mpeg-2 or it's not. It also depends on which version of Premiere you are using as to how well it handles mpeg-2 video. Not all versions do it well or at all.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Drop one of the files into Gspot 2.70 and post a screen shot. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic271697.html

You might look around the net for a 'dazzle' forum to see if they have some conversion ideas.

I have an older Dazzle device I used on a Mac that I now use as a door stop, which so far has been it's most usable function. It had some strange capture format, but I did find a external program that would convert it. I would have thought they had improved by now, though.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    Drop one of the files into Gspot 2.70 and post a screen shot. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic271697.html

You might look around the net for a 'dazzle' forum to see if they have some conversion ideas.

I have an older Dazzle device I used on a Mac that I now use as a door stop, which so far has been it's most usable function. It had some strange capture format, but I did find a external program that would convert it. I would have thought they had improved by now, though.

And welcome to our forums.
    Thanks for the reply. Here is a screen shot

There is just something weird about the capture files from this card that makes it a pain in the arse to deal with, not sure what it is. Like i said before, we've always had problems with audio sync, and premiere doesn't read the video right, because it kinda isn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That looks fine to me. It appears to be standard Mpeg2 encoded as 4:3 NTSC with LPCM uncompressed audio.

The one thing that looks slightly odd is that G-spot thinks it is in VOB format. Just for a giggle, change the file extension to VOB, then see if VOB2MPG will open it and extract the contents. If it does, try loading that into Premiere.

Again, I question which version of Premiere you are using. Pretty much anything before Premiere Pro 1.5 is questionable to down-right unusable for mpeg-2 source without using a third party plugin.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gave it a shot, didn't make any difference, audio is still out of sync in every editing program. Trying out Premiere CS3, its behaving the same as the previous version. I wonder if theres a program i could use to chop up the mpeg2, i want to cut a sample out of the very end to see if the audio is still out of sync when i open it in an editing program.
    Quote Quote