VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been running Studio 9 for a couple of years and it has worked fine and met my needs until I bought an HD camcorder. Studio 11 can work with HD, but my experience with new software tells me maybe I should wait and see before I start using it.

By waiting to see I mean, see what other people using it have to say.

Anyone have anything to say about using Pinnacle Studio 11?

Thank you
    ~ Allen
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have it and love it...but I am not doing HD recording.
    You can read my other posts and see that I am having some issues getting the best (non-blurring-with-movement!) finished DVD for television. I have continued to get a lot of blurred movement and I have tried a lot of things. For editing...I have tried Adobe Prem. Elements, Windows Movie Maker, Ulead, and Nero. By far, for my computer-usage 'style'...Ulead is the easiest and most intuitive. And I think that it will give the greatest variation of menus and most professional looking end result. Now if I can just find the right combination of capture / edit / encode / burn settings...I might get that perfect end result.
    -j
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yo users ---

Yeah! It's like a love and hate /love/hate/ I love it video editing software. My initial installation of the Studio 11 gave me lost thumbnails view, dvd import problems , hang up, crash and lots of wasted time and headache until I've read some of the blogs about this.
    So here's what I did on my reinstallation and end up becoming a satisfied user again of Pinnacle Studio

-- First , you need plenty space on your C drive...mine have 40 GB remaining after installing Studio plus other residing windows programs . The more space the better once you do editing and importing. All work should be done in C drive. I installed the installation + bonus CD all in one shot...then I downloaded the latest patch from Pinnacle.

-- Second, After noticing that thumbnails are showing the way it should be, I decided to try to import DVD titles and do some editing....Eureka!!..it's working for sure. So tried more import and see if I can duplicate all the previous headaches...it's gone, software is doing what it supposed to. I also tried switching folders from different drives...this is where I discover that
    its not good to use other drives. So ...I stick with making sure that all editing are done is drive C only. Then once done, burn final movie to DVD media.

-- Third, here's my PC spec :

- 3.2 Ghz P4 HT
    - 1 G ram
    - 120 GB drive C
    - 160 GC drive D
    - DVD burner
    - Windows XP pro / Sp2
    - Nvidia 7600 OC
    - vstream capture card.

It's not even considered high end PC but it only shows the Studio can work with min spec I think.

I hope this help!

Clie
    Quote Quote