VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i often noticed that certain issues affect a/v sync. Hard drive defragging is a plus! Opened too many files? Have enough RAM? I believe prevention is the key to avoiding sync problems.

That being said, I am having a problem with 2 videos i am trying to join together. They both play fine by themselves, but when i go to merge them, the finished product becomes out of sync. I've tried the DivX Pocket Encoder's sync fixing function, to no avail. There's still sync issues there in the final joined product. I used Avi Tricks to join the files together. Even playing the files separate in Avi Tricks showed a sync problem, but playing them with another video viewer, they played fine. My HDD is defragged. I have only 256mb of ram, which i am going to increase soon, but it doesn't seem to be a problem since i opened two files. One was avi tricks, the other was the video i am trying to fix.

any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have used AVI Demux and Virtualdub to do this successfully a number of times.

One thing to look out for - sometimes the audio in the first file may not run the same length as the video. If this is the case, when you join the two files, the audio on the second file will start early.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote