VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I just dont understand why would folks burn subtitles with avi files rather than just muxing it
    with tools like avimuxgui. I have been able to mux a few video files but it plays only on wmp.
    I understand burning it would surely make it play even on hardware players but when do people
    mux it then ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may be more convenient to have just one file (the AVI) with all streams (audio+video+subtitles). Problem is, not all players handle muxed subs. I know mine doesn't. So, I keep my subs as a separate file. I guess those who do have player support for muxed subs are those that use them?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure that I have ever heard of a player that can handle muxed subs (other than xsubs). As for hard-encoding. Only real option for fancy ass/ssf effects.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, its good that my fancy ideas for muxed subtitles videos is cleared now. My player can play srt files v well but the display is a bit small for me.

How do I change the font size of srt files pls ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You don't. The font is determined by the player's firmware. The srt just contains text. Some subtitle formats can specify fonts, but once again it comes down to what is available (with mkv you can embed fonts though). If you want to pick the font then you need to use bitmap based subs or hard encode.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, thanks again. No more worries for me
    Quote Quote