VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am wondering if anyone else may have experienced this. I seem to be getting audio on one channel only. I have confirmed that both L and R channels are outputting audio, and I have also swapped the dongle that inputs the signals to the AIW card, but I am still only getting audio on one channel. I am using a Soundblaster Audigy 2 to capture the audio, and I have it plugged into the AIW card with one of those cables that often comes with CDrom drives for audio. I also am only receiving audio on one side when watching TV using MMC. Both speakers work when playing mp3s.

I am using MMC 9.03.

Could it be something wrong with the AIW card? Or perhaps even the connection between the sound card.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audigy cards often fail to work correctly with capture cards. They have a long and infamous history of it.

There are many variables here, including audio drivers, PCI conflicts, bad wiring anywhere in the chain, source being mono on singular wire, etc.

The ATI AIW being bad is towards the very end of the list, on what might be wrong.

There's no easy solution. Just start testing. First try removing the audio driver, rebooting, and letting it re-find the soundcard. Then go after wiring. Be sure the source really is stereo or dual-channel mono. Next replace the soundcard with a Turtle Beach or a non-Audigy SoundBlaster.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote