VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody
    I have a small problem, sometimes after I restart the computer I get the windows with the safe mode screen...any ideas why that might happen? After I restart the computer again then everythings turns to normal but still the problem is a little annoying.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bjs
    I did check the link but the thing is that I don't have the safe boot box checked, so this means that the problem is coming from somewhere else...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.supportminds.com/pc-tips/my-system-keeps-starting-in-safemode.html?c=1

Then in safe mode , run chkdsk c: /f
    Change c to reflect os drive .

Run command , enter msconfig
    Goto startup tab , disable all non-essential programs , such as nero incd , adobe , messenger , printer utilities , ect .
    Click apply , ok ... system restarts .

Adaware se + avgfree , install , update , runs scans ... if avgfree picks up anything , remember to remove from virus vault , or a service denial error can occur (no access to internet)

Hijackthis , systems scan , send log by pm .

The other thing that has been known to cause this problem is power interruptions , which might lead to an issue with a system driver becoming corrupted .

----

If you have the os cd , you could > Start > Run > SFC /SCANNOW

But , do not do this without the os cd ... it'll pester the crap out of anyone with popups till it finishs .

----

Try unistalling video drivers ... if issue with current drivers occurs , it might be looping it into safe mode .
    I've seen this happen a few times .

Check bios setup is correct according to manual (video setup for onboard where available)

If addon video card , and motherboard has onboard , remove addon , and use only onboard ... if that works , then addon has suffered an issue and should be replaced .
    Quote Quote