VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have pretty much had it up to the eyes with PowerProducer. It runs like a dead dog dying on a machine that never has any trouble copying a DVD in less than ten minutes. I am trying to convert HDV footage down to DVD-Video for friends and relatives, but finding a program with which to do it is next to impossible. I have been contemplating buying a Mac to edit video with, but do not have the budget for it as yet. How can I get my HD footage onto DVD+R?
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the actual editing and encoding part of powerproducer is pretty good in the speed department. the slowdown is during the de-muxing operation. the problem is that any program that edits/encodes HD is going to have to do the same thing and it will take just as long. the only way out i can think of is if you use a transcoder that doesn't do any editing(or allow many options usually). maybe try convertxtodvd? another thing that can help increase the speed is 2 separate physical hard drives. one to read from and one to write to during the encoding process.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote