VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HELLO
    I have a movie which I am trying to burn to dvd
    I have all the files vob.ifo.bup ...and it will play on media player on the computer (I have all the codecs)
    Ive tried burning with nero 7 and super dvd creator (always putting the files in the video ts folder etc etc)
    and every time there is no sound when played on a regular dvd player
    i should mention that the sound on the beginning menus work...its the actual movie that is mute
    ive burned at slower speeds and have tried different types of blank dvd brands
    now I have 10 coaster to give away *FREE*
    any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

I'll assume that the burned DVD plays on the computer, as well as the DVD while still on the hard drive. If you haven't tried, please do so.

What kind of audio did you use on the DVD? While MP2 audio is OK for PAL, some US DVD players won't play it. If it's either PCM WAV or AC3 audio, I know of no reason why it shouldn't play on the standalone, unless your standalone isn't fully compatible with burned DVDs. Check your DVD player in the DVD Database here at this site, and see if anyone else is having your trouble:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes the burned dvd plays on my computer Using windows media player
    The dvd gives me 2 audio choices in the beginning
    dts or 2.0 pcm stereo

would i need to convert it to a different sound format...and if so how would i burn it correctly with the sound being synchronized
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi-

Very few DVD players can decode DTS audio. So, unless you have the audio going through a separate receiver that can decode DTS audio, then you won't get any DTS audio. Have you tried to choose the PCM WAV audio track when playing it in the standalone, by using either the menu, or the remote after starting the movie?
    would i need to convert it to a different sound format...and if so how would i burn it correctly with the sound being synchronized
    If the DTS track is surround sound, and you want to get surround sound out of it, then, yes, you'll have to convert it, most likely to DD 5.1 AC3 audio, and then stick it back into the DVD, replacing the DTS track. This is not a simple task.

Also, having both DTS and WAV audio on a DVD5 (?) takes up way too much space and would probably be responsible for the video being of poor quality.
    Quote Quote