VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know Verbatim blank DVD are very good. How about blank CD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For the past few years, it's the only brand I use with no failures.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've used many different brands of cd media without issue. Everything from TY and Verbatim to generic "100 packs for $9". CD media doesn't have issues like DVD media.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim's CD-Rs are very good. The link lov68 posted is a little old though. Some other more recent sources I saw this past weekend actually think that Verbatim made discs may be superior to Taiyo Yuden because it was argued that the dye Verbatim uses is likely to last longer than what Taiyo Yuden uses.

I have to agree with Krispy Kritter totally. While now I only buy Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden for CD-R, in the past I used basically "whatever I could get" and I've never had a CD-R go bad on me yet. Even some no-name 90 minute CD-Rs that I bought more than 50 years still work fine and 90 minute discs violate CD standards as the standard does not allow for capacities higher than 80 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have to agree with the kritter also, btw KK, google is my friend too!....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i use whatever is on sale.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I burn a disc, I want it to keep. I don't plan on remixing and remastering an LP (yeah, you know, the round vinyl things) but once. I always do it with ripped audio files before burning them onto disc.

I ALWAYS use Verbatim. I've not had to do a reburn in five years.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only problems I've ever had with CD-R's, some of which were name brands ie. TDK, Phillips, Memorex were glitches towards the end. Typically at 76+ mins or so. The worst one's I've bought have to be Ridata's that came in just a wrapper with no spindle. They cost $4.99 for 50 They're good out to about 74 minutes audio. I've never had this problem with Verbatim's; some of which I've had since about 1999 and they're still going strong. I too was surprised, that the website I referred to, consider them to be of "medium" quality.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  9. Although most CD-R media will play in virtually any home player, I have found that over the last few years the only media that reliably plays in my old Alpine car player is Taiyo Yuden.

I have had skipping problems with Sony, Verbatim and MAM-A Gold (but not Mitsui Gold!). So although my car player is probably showing its age (8 years old), it must say something that TY is the only brand that plays 100% of the time.

R

P.S. I wouldn't use Ridata if they were free.
    Quote Quote