VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am thinking about purchasing two Philips SPD2413BD internal DVD+/-RW/RDL drives for a few reasons. Mainly so I don't have to worry about the five-time limit and can have drive D as Region 1 and E as Region 2. The next advantage for me is that I can make direct copies without taking extra time to first copy to the hard drive. My problem is if I want to reauthor a DVD using DVD Shrink, (particularly to remove its menus so my carousel changers will switch DVDs automaticly), how can I make DVD Shrink copy my reauthored DVD in drive D directly to a blank DVD+RDL in drive E? Using DVD Shrink, I already tried going from the hard drive to my DVD drive using Roxeo's Drag to Disc Version 6, and the disc didn't play in my DVD player. Is there either a free alternative to DVD Shrink that will allow me to reauthor a source DVD and copy it directly to a target DVD, or a free software that runs in the background that can allow NTFS files to be converted to the DVD standard as DVD Shrink is ripping? If this has already been discussed, a link will be fine. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you can re-author in shrink and save directly to media, it's been a while since using shrink for me...You can use DVDFAB Platinum to copy directly to media w/o copying to HDD.......there is a 30 day free trial and you won't regret it!...at least don't think you will......good luck!
    By not copying to HDD ,I mean it has a feature to delete files automatically after completion.... 8)
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't re-author directly from burner to burner. The files need to be parked on the HDD until the authoring process completes. You can only do a 1:1 copy directly from disc to disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote