VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a dual core AMD 3800 system running Windows XP X64 Pro. I upgraded from Vegas 4.0 to 6.0 hoping to get better performance, but it's worse. Vegas 6.0 will work but it functions poorly. The program runs slower. It freezes a lot. I can't even preview raw video at normal speed much less any edited work. When toggling between programs like Photoshop oe even a windows folder, the computer freezes for 30 seconds or more. I've had to reinstall windows a couple of times. After running Vegas 6.0 I have to restart the computer before going online otherwise the computer freezes when changing websites.

I like the features vegas 6.0 offers but the problems are driving me nuts.
    My question is, what is the optimum setup? How do I get the most from my system? I just want a fast stable system that will run programs properly. I use this computer primarily for editing video. I can adjust the system to suit the program or upgrade the program to suit the system. I don't know if there are any newer version of vegas that support a 64 bit system. These programs are expensive. I don't want to upgrade again unless I know it will work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Flamin heck , the sites stuggling the last two days .

Anyway , you took the leap , and most that I know , have removed the 64bit os for good , not enough support , or a lack of those who actually "know what there doing in the first place" ... tech freaks I meant .

A major issue is much relies on hardware drivers , written perfectly , for 64bit hardware ... if it aint , then you pushing crap up hill all the way .

Not to forget codecs play a major break down for any tool if their not right as well ... a pain

But out of the blue might be something worth a squizz , which may be why its happening

http://extended64.com/blogs/rhoffman/archive/2005/05/20/525.aspx

As far as I know , the version 7 is the way to go ... for vista64 ... not sure as some xp64 users arent happy either , with many issues reported .

But it is rare to find two users with the exact same pc setup , down to the last nutt , with two unique problems , and knowing it is actually being caused by the particular product in question , and not contibuted by driver / codec / os fault .

The problem you appear to have , may be caused by the program not exiting from background and causing a conflict ... use task manager to kill the vegas product if its still running in the background , then try browser .

You do have an antivirus program installed ?

Avast and avg if you need one .
    Quote Quote