VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a friend who is a doctor who wants to put a dvd player in his office. The issue is that when his stuff was originally wired they put a monitor in his waiting room and ran a regular analog vga cable from his computer to the monitor. This allowed him to have a dual monitor setup, with the second monitor displaying in the waiting room.

Now what he wants to do is connect the monitor in the waiting room to a regular DVD player, but I don't know how to do that. Is there any dvd players that have vga out? Or is there an adapter that can convert composite, or component to vga?

We really want to avoid running new wires since they are all hidden in the walls and ceiling.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    or connect a computer with a DVD ROM drive and DVD playback software.

VH
    Quote Quote  
  3. We don't want to have to get a second computer, or use the existing computer. The reason is the secretaries and the doctor are not the most tech savvy, which is why I am trying to help them out to setup the dvd player.

So thats why its better if we have a dvd player with vga out or a way to convert the output of the dvd to vga.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the monitor has DVI input you could get a DVD player that has HDMI outputs and get a HDMI>DVI cable.
    theHTPC.net

Find a cure for cancer by folding proteins! Join the Team 32 Folding@Home project (#3 worldwide!). Check us out here
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes it does have a DVI port but running a new cable is not easy since the current once is behind the wall.

I have searched online and it seems the only way to convert SVideo, Composite, or Component to VGA is with a secondar box, which also isn't ideal but may be the only solution.

So there is no company that sells a DVD player with a vga port?
    Quote Quote