Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have a file called, demo.tp (800mb)
    what should i do with it?

pls educate me... thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TP is usually MPeg2 in the transport stream format. This is what comes from many digital TV tuners when set to a subchannel.

Try HDTVtoMPeg2 to convert it to a normal MPeg2 file.

TP files can be SD or HD.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream
    http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/research/future-net/digital-video/mpeg2-trans.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks bro.
    those links are helpful.
    appreciate that very much.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that this is a reply to an old message, however, if someone is trying to convert TP files, a good, (not great), conversion program, (it is free), is called free studio made by DVD video soft. When installing the program it is very important to watch what is being installed on your system, otherwise they will give you several toolbars, and various bloatware. But, I do like the program. I use it to convert most of my video files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...but .TP is no true TS!!!
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Charmin TP, though others may prefer Cottonelle or Quilted Northern.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just lettin' ya'll know. I used the program to convert some of my very large, high quality videos, down to, smaller, pretty good quality videos, so that I can play them on my system without it being choppy. Like to spread the news. Just remember, keep an eye on the install, ...........actually, keep two eyes on the install! You will have every toolbar, registry cleaner, and useless program ever thought of.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like to get video of severe weather in Austin. (Meaning rain, snow, thunderstorms and so on. Not heat, or air quality.) It is so unusual that we have it here. Unfortunately, most of it happens @ night. I have one camcorder, and one great camera that records at night, (both Sony, and only one has night vision). The big, one step down from DSLR camera takes great video, but....................THE FILE IS HUGE! So I am grateful for the FREE video conversion programs offered on line, the one offered by free studio. Does convert both TP and TS files, (tp not to be confused with the Portuguese colony -www.blahblahblah.tp)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A good rule of thumb: Never download programs promoted by anyone in their first post to a forum. Most often these individuals are spammers attempting to use the forum to promote crapware. The clowns who developed this rubbish do get revenue from the bloat.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Jun 2014 at 08:55. Reason: left out a word
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can see that. Didn't really think of that, but, I do like to help. However, the suggested program does try and install a bunch of CRAP, if you don't keep an eye on it. I like it because it offers more than just video conversion, and have found it quite useful over the years.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It also offers a youtube downloader, which I use regularly. But, how could we ever forget nineite! No video converter, however, does have a pretty good file sharing program. Basically offers a whole bunch of programs all at once, without the threat of crap-ware.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!