VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all, Would anyone know how I might slow audio down 4% to match video using Adobe Audition (version 1.5)? Say for example, when doing a Pal to Ntsc (25fps to 23.976 fps) conversion. I have looked at the user's manual and cant seem to find out how its, done, or if it can be done at all with this application. I looked at the stretch feature under, Time/pitch, by clicking on the effects tab (seemed like the most related option), but cant figure it out, I'd like to learn how with this particular app so not to have repetitive audio editors installed on my machine. I also use Audition mainly for creating individual Mono wav's and panning assignment of my audio files/streams, when preparing them to be used in SurCode DVD DTS.
    FulciLives has advised me on how its done with Goldwave, (and after trying it , it worked perfectly) and I'm very appreciative to him for sharing the process, although I'd like to learn how its done in Audition.

Thanks Much
    Hittz
    Quote Quote  
  2. import your file into adobe audition 1.5.
    then click effects>time/pitch>stretch.
    to slow down the audio by 4%,simply change the ratio value from 100 to 104.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You Very Much. I will give 'em a try
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969
    import your file into adobe audition 1.5.
    then click effects>time/pitch>stretch.
    to slow down the audio by 4%,simply change the ratio value from 100 to 104.
    Your help is greatly appreciated Mike, although I haven't tried it yet, Would I actually set it to 104% or go down to 96% to slow the audio down?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want that pitch change when going from PAL to NTSC audio, under stretching mode you have to click on resample(preserves neither). Then set your ratio to 104.27. This will slow down you audio and make it a longer duration.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would like preserve the sound so the pitch sounds the same as the original (prior to any editing) So would I choose, Time stretch (Preserve Pitch) ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes use time stretch(preserves pitch).

But now you have to use the ratio of 95.904 instead of 104.27.....in order to slow it down and make the duration longer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gotcha, I'll give it a try.
    Thanks much Pinstripes23, much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Hittz
    Your help is greatly appreciated Mike, although I haven't tried it yet, Would I actually set it to 104% or go down to 96% to slow the audio down?
    to slow down audio you increase the value to to more than 100%.
    to speed up audio you go below 100%.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969
    Originally Posted by Hittz
    to slow down audio you increase the value to to more than 100%.
    to speed up audio you go below 100%.
    That's only if he wants to resample(preserves nothing). But in his following posts he wants to preserve the pitch so he has to tick on "time stretch" and change the ratio to 95.904 - this will slow down the audio and make the duration longer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all, Would anyone know how I might slow audio down 4% to match video using Adobe Audition (version 1.5)? Say for example, when doing a Pal to Ntsc (25fps to 23.976 fps) conversion.
    I accomplished the above task by slowing the audio down 4% (ratio set to:95.904) and using the preserve pitch setting. My Pal to NTSC video plays in sync with my edited audio file fine now. I appreciate all the help you both gave me.
    Mission Accomplished Thanks Pinstripes23 and Mike20021969 for the fruitful help!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In German it's under Effects/Zeit und tonehöhe/Drehnen. How can I have all in English because a lot of the options are in German (probably because my Windows is German). The help at adobe.com is absolutely garbage. thanks
    Last edited by mkvonly; 2nd Jan 2011 at 04:47.
    Quote Quote