VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. this page help me a lot ,thanks you for that

now I have a question to my problem..

i have an avi files and xvid files . I want to have switchable subtitle for each file then burn them into a dvd 5.

I use avisub to add switchable subtitle to my avi file,but when I want to burn to a dvd5 it cant be done becoz the file become more then 4.0gb even though the file only 900mb

so how can I add switchable subtitle to an avi file or my xvid file then burn them to a dvd 5??

avisub really fast only 5 minit but I still cant get the best font to use any recommendation??
    now I use trebuchet ms
    thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Switchable subs with a AVI file? I thought only Divx Ultra could use switchable subs with a AVI format? Do you have a Divx Ultra player?

Easy enough with MPEG DVDs, though. Just use a program like ConvertXToDVD and add them in.

I am assuming by 'DVD-5', you mean a single layer 4.37GB DVD disc?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A bit more detail please .

We need to know what events took place and in which programs , that caused a 900mb avi to go to 4gig .
    That suggests encoding from avi to dvd took place .
    Quote Quote  
  4. i just finished burn what I want..avi,divx,xvid file with switchable subtitle
    i use avi2dvd to convert the file to ISO file then burn using ImgBurn into a dvd5 -single layer 4.7gb disc

i think my problem here is solve at the moment,thank you so much !! this site is the best!!!!
    Quote Quote